cpu speed drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mal

In Runtime
When i got my 3.00ghz its was sounding so powerful that my desk was shaking sometimes,I could run a lot of programs together like antivirus,firewall,explorer,p2p and playing games without losing much fps.The sound was pretty loud!
Now it is so silent...and ive hard time surfin on the net while running an antivirus and downloading stuff.Its like in a month my speed dropped a lot.Could this be a cpu issue? or ram? all this is brand new...ive found seven JS:Trojans,deleted them,and its not much faster..ran adwares removers too.

I remember 2 times where i lost temporarly electricity in my building so the comp shutted suddenly.Could the bios settings have changed??:amazed:

well generally when you get a virus it tears your system up pretty good regardless if you removed it. I'd suggest you format, especially if it's been a while since you've done so. It sounds like you've just had too much spyware and couple virus's on there which will slow down your HD's capabilities of loading things, this is what's causing slow down possibly, not the CPU.

The major> hard to tell precisely...lets say the normal sound of a pc,but much more louder than my old 1.6ghz.Very much!With a lot of variations,from silent to loud.Very loud when playing games.I could feel the power!But now its always silent.No anormal noise

Nubius>mmh i wouldnt like to reformat...Its a clean install on a brand new hard-drive.In all this time(about a month) ive got some spywares,only the usual unoffensives.And those 7 JS:Gummy,JS:this JS:that...On my old pc ive found much more viruses and never noticed that kind of speed drop.

But id say the thing i find odd is the sound change...

My power supply is 3 years old,and ive ran my pc everyday and often 24/24.Can the PS be so used that it doesnt give enough power anymore?

Thanks,

I'd like to clear something up here (or try). As far as I know, a CPU alone makes no audilbe sound. The beastly sound you were hearing was your hard drive, not the cpu. Your hard drive is spinning at ~7200rpm while your cpu doesn't really move.

(...I used to think the same thing quite a while ago :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom