First build, upgrading old hp, some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for your time guys. A couple more things. 1. Just to clarify- you guys dont think a 1.6 Ghz Athlon 2 x2 is worth 50 bucks?
2. if im understanding this correctly, i just run this sysprep utility, and then i can re-activate windows with my COA, after changing the mobo? Can i run the utility from any XP disc?

1. If someone wants to buy it at $50 then it is worth it to them. I just upgraded from a s939 4200+ x2 and know it is a great chip and will be worth it to someone who could use it.

2. Yes. Be sure to look for a site that gives you step by step directions, like this one. Once you get XP back on its feet, check with your college for a cheap Win7 upgrade as it is well worth it. Plus the 64-bit version will allow you to use more than 3GB of RAM so you can grab another 2GB stick later on. Oh, and you can download the needed file on that site/page, so you won't need a disk.

called the university it department and asked about a student discount on microsoft products. Nope. calu sucks, the tiny penn state branch i went to before had that kind of stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom