Case suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
This is going to happen later on but im sure the case i decide to go with wont disappear between now and Christmas.

Anyways i have a custom Single Stage Phase Unit thats put in a steel box like you see these pre-made Vapochill units. Was wondering what kind of case would be great for installing a phase unit into it. I prefer mid tower but i know itll be bigger than that for this project. So for LANs ive just decided to make a seperate build in mini-itx which is also slated for later.

Anyways what i want is a top mounted PSU, room for a water loop and SLI video cards, and an under carriage that i can either clean out for phase, or something already built with phase in mind.

hmm, well there don't appear to be very many that have the layout you want.

i found this one
Newegg.com - NZXT WHISPER WHI - 001BK Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
psu would go on the bottom, but it looks like it would have a good bit of room if you gutted the bottom out.

or there's always the big freaking haf case
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
psu would go up top, extra room on the bottom.

i'll keep lookin around.

Yea ive seen a few Lian Li cases like that where i could probably mod the top to hold the PSU instead. Or if it would be safe to hang the compressor upside down i could just mount it on top and keep the PSU on the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom