wireless PCI card

Status
Not open for further replies.

mafty

Solid State Member
Looking for a good wireless PCI card, probably a new router too. I cant get a wired connection in my room, so wireless is the only way to go

If you have a spare pci-e 1x slot i suggest an N pcie card. I bought an Asus one that was 16 bucks open box and it works like a charm.

I do have a PCIe 1.0 slot. Ill look for a PCIe card than.....any suggestions on routers?

If you want a cheap, but powerful Wireless N router, look at an Airlink AR670W and flash it with DD-WRT firmware. I've got the same router, and have used it for both a main router, and a client, and NEVER have had an problems with it.

I use this router as my main router, it was cheap, and does everything I need it to do :

NETGEAR WNHDE111 5GHz 802.11n Wireless LAN HD Gaming Access Point/Bridge - Enjoy Hi-Def Wireless Video & Game Streaming Netgear WNHDE111-100NAR WNHDE111

****, I'm buying another AR670W to replace my wireless adapter, and use it as a dedicated client for my desktop. The main advantage of that, is to keep the antennas up away from everything, to ensure good signals through out.

95 i have almost the same router except with 4Gb LAN ports in the back. Do you connect at 150Mb or 300Mb? The max i could connect at with 3 different N cards is 150Mb and everything is 300 capable with all the settings to only connect at 300.

With my wireless adapter (DLink DWA-130 USB adapter) I only get 150mbps connection. Although, I can't really say if that's because of the router or not, 'cause this adapter is known to not like 7's 64-bit driver. I have been able to connect at 300mbps, just not on my desktop. I think I changed the channel to upper, and set the channel width to 40, and the rate to 300.

Sorry to thread jack. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom