HP DVD 1060r SATA multi drive, Win 7 will not install drivers now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runfox

In Runtime
I wanted to burn a CD on my DVD/CD drive only I see win 7 does not see it now. This is a recent change as it worked fine before. I don't even know when it happened, I just noticed it. this is a HP DVD 1060r multi DVD /CD drive, SATA. I uninstalled it and restarted windows, but when new hardware was found, I got the error device driver not installed. I checked windows compatibility web site, the drive is fully compatible, and Win 7 is supposed to have the drivers nothing needed.
Running Windows 7 32 bit pro, AMD Athlon 64X2, 4400+, 4GIG Ram, Nividia Gforce 7800Gt.

I have looked and searched, and I'm coming up zip. I don't know why this happened all of the sudden, it worked fine before, I don't know when it happened, I just noticed it. I cant find any newer drivers , they are supposed to be built into win 7. So I'm stumped. Setup recognizes the drive, and sees it fine. Though when I boot the light doesn't come on on post test.

I swapped out the SATA cable with a new one, plugged it into a different spot on the MB, same result. Windows found new device but could not install the drivers. Guess my optical drive is dead. The power light dos not light up when the cmos does its post test either, so I have to says its done. I guess Ill but a new one.

Did not try a diff power cord. Ill try that, but It has power, when I push button to open the green light comes on, disk spins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom