This toshiba satellite a135 is driving me NUTZ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to do that I'd say your first step should be upgrading the ram.
yeah i'll mention that,
i wish i cud do a clean format
its been like 3-4 years ...plus idk wats wrong with the video installer...not sure why it just wont work

Is numlock on? If so switch it off and try the keys again.

ah i figured it out thanks!
well i still don't think this laptop should take 3 mins to boot even though it has 1 gig ram and i still can't get the graphic driver installed....ughh

shud i just back up outlook, reinstall vista? she shudn't even notice? or

or shud i back outlook and just re install using xp?

shud i just back up outlook, reinstall vista? she shudn't even notice? or

or shud i back outlook and just re install using xp?

I, personally, would never reinstall an OS without consulting the owner. If the computer will run much faster with it reinstalled definitely push that fact. Back up everything, and let her know none of her important documents will be lost. I would definitely put XP on it, if the owner is OK with it.

I, personally, would never reinstall an OS without consulting the owner. If the computer will run much faster with it reinstalled definitely push that fact. Back up everything, and let her know none of her important documents will be lost. I would definitely put XP on it, if the owner is OK with it.

all she is concerned is about her outlook emails...so i'm gonna be following the guide posted and try it on my pc and see if all her emails show up, her son who's my buddy said she doesn't care about anything else.
I might just reinstall vista on it, i've had windows 7 on a single core on a gig of ram and it performed fine, much better with 2, but 1 should be fine.
I'd rather go with xp tbh but its all up to her

EDIT

i ran windows 7 advisor and it said win 7 should be fine? shud i trust it?

My buddy has Windows 7 on a single core with 1GB of RAM, and it runs fine. I say trust it, but if you're doubting it, do a quick dual boot. Just partition 20GB out, and install 7 on that. If it doesn't run that great, delete the partition and fix the boot.

The windows seven advisor only cares about the hardware. Your hardware will run it fine, but there's no drivers. So it'd fail.

The windows seven advisor only cares about the hardware. Your hardware will run it fine, but there's no drivers. So it'd fail.

well i'm was gonna install xp
and then it says no hard drive detected, i guess this is a common error and I have to slipstream drivers into the winxp cd so i'm on that now and hoping that works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom