Rate and review my budget (under 1k) gaming PC (about to purchase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as i was saying in the other post, with needing keyboard mouse ect its real hard hardware wise with only 900 bucks while trying to keep things fast. I think your best bet is to get the 955 if you can seriously afford it. The 550w would be fine for an i5 750, and a good board would be an H55 (for cheap, still overclocks), or a cheap Gigabyte board. I think that route would be to expensive and you would have to lack on GPU power to suffice for more CPU power. Also the 1156 platform loves high speed RAM. So it would cost more to get higher speed RAM as well.

If it was me, i would cheap out and get a standard USB keyboard, an above average mouse with a laser instead of optical, and get better hardware. Later on just save up and then get the peripherals you want. Thats just what i would do though.

The 550W is just fine. Have you checked out ncix.com? Its outa BC, with a store in Markhem now.

While straight up, ncix will be more expensive, they have price atching, and shipping is alot better. Plus if youre not bc or ont, you save sales tax.

yea im in ontario. ill check out ncix and compare prices. thanks for the help guys. I might bump down the keyboard and keep the mouse ive selected (seemed to be a decent gaming mouse....the MX85 or whatever it is)

I think im going to keep with the AMD route for price point, just up it to the quad core.

MX518 is an extremely popular mouse with gamers. It should serve you well but i think its a bit overpriced now with its age.

yea all the laser ones are almost double in price QQ. I also couldnt find a decent keyboard that didnt have a million poor reviews. The logitech one seems to be my best bet. Id rather spend the extra 50 and never buy another one.

So heres the updated build (couple promos and combos in here):

AMD x4 955 + OCZ 4gb 1600 ddr3 ram (combo):
Newegg.ca - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Everything else is kept the same, including the same MOBO, couldnt find another one for the price (this thing is on promo for cheap, 20 instant + 10 more for promo code).

I notice it has 2xPCIe slots, but ones 16 and ones 4, does this mean I cant xfire down the road?
Newegg.ca - ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

You can but your second card will take a hit in performance depending on what card it is.

And anybody knows to take reviews off Newegg with a grain of salt. Ive seen almost as much BS on Newegg as i have on 4chan.

im thinking the razor keyboard with the new logitech laser gaming mouse, GXsomething, its there latest one lol, but its like 90 dollars or something crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom