Highly Recommended

Status
Not open for further replies.

420xps2.4GHz2GB

Beta member
This site comes highly recommended by a fellow member of a car enthusiast forum as THE place to search information and get advice for my pc. I am currently attempting to rootcause a peculiar combination of problems - the biggest problem being inability to get a trustworthy backup of all my personal files that has me sweating bullets since it appears the system is on the verge of failing completely.

Some personal history is my first-ever work pc was an IBM with the optional 512Kb RAM and even a 10Meg harddrive! That was in 1988. My first personal pc was a Pentium1-60Mhz with an amazing 1GB harddrive purchased in '93! This was when everyone else was running 486-66'es and very few people knew what a 'gigabyte' was. I was told by the Gateway sales tech it was officially the 8th Pentium they had sold in America. Interesting story if true, but that unit was recycled in '99 for my first Dell, and now I'm on my second Dell as of 3 years ago.

I'm sure impressed by how well computers operate, but I'm also aware of how easily they break. I look forward to learning how to navigate this forum and get smarter with my system.

Bob

Hi SOUL-,

I expect so, but I do not know his handle on this forum. All he and I share in common at this point are fanatic devotion to '94-'96 Impala SS'es, along with all other last-gen GM B- and D- body cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom