In Game Problem (Computer Beeps)

Status
Not open for further replies.

diast0

Beta member
Hey, im new here so if i do sum wrong go easy on me. Anyway When ever I play a game with high system usage like UT2004 or CnC Generals, after a few minutes the computer Beeps 3 times pauses then beeps 3 times. These beeps Are through the speaker, not an internal sound. Im using a P4 2.4, 512 Ram, Nvidia4, XP.

Have you monitored your CPU temp?

Computer never crashes? Does this effect performance when this happens?

I believe but am not entirely sure, 3 long beeps like that is an indication of bad ram. Download memtest86+ and run that and see if your memory encounters any errors....CnC: Generals......awesome game :p

Update sound, directx and MBD chipset drivers. Dont think its a hardware/mem issue because its giving the beeps through the soundcard, could be wrong though ;) I'm assuming it doesn't restart doing this, though, otherwise you would of posted an important bit of information like that... or am I wrong?

No Crashes or restarts, HD temp at 100 is best reading I have.
I have cacheman XP, is this good enogh?

I don't know killian, usually those beeps mean like RAM is completely non present and you get it through the speaker BIOS but I dunno I was stopped and just suggested testing it out. But yeah your suggestions sound better :p

heh, agree with ya... usually is memory and would say the same thing. Would be odd beeping through the speakers, though, and only during games, too. It COULD be overheating, though... like the graphics card. That may go in the speakers. Thats something else he may wanna check ;)

I do run on a laptop, yes should have mentioned, but I have 5 large fans on it and temp reader on sees 96-102 degrees inside. I have the RAM checker and ill try that out and get back to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom