The Water Cooling Saga begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have my 5870 and my 965 under water, its 79°F in my room right now and my idle temp right now is 34°C on both my CPU and GPU. i have a triple rad and its internal.

with that said, im sure a thick quad rad will be able to handle a 980X and 2 480's il bet your load temps will be around 48° on the CPU and about 53° on the GPUs with that rad, externally with a push pull...

Sweet as, yeah I'm thinking I'll go with just the one rad and one pump for now. And stuff the wait, time to order! :D

correct, it really doesnt matter as long as the res is before the pump. you want the res to gravity feed the pump. other then that do it to where its the neatest and how you like it the most.

In your loop, go to CPU first then to the GPU's because of the amount of heat those are putting out. I'm still going to recommend a DDC with a top instead of the D5.

G1/4 is the thread used in the blocks and barbs. You should be using 1/2" ID and 3/4" OD tubing and 1/2" G1/4 barbs.

Also, get this rad instead. Save yourself 40 bucks and it's essentially identical.

http://www.gammods.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=2439

1.) ID= Inside Diameter, OD= Outside Diameter

2.) Yes

Bring on the pictures!!! If I can't see it then your just pretending :devil:

will do :D

The other barbs I linked to are sold out, so I'll be grabbing these. Barb, G1/4 to 1/2, True Silver [BP-SLWP-C01] - $4.95 : GAM Mods, PC Water Cooling and Modding Supplies
As I understand it, I'll need 8 in total. Do I need to get anything different for the 480's? they're very close together, is there a special connector for them?

What is that stupid dual ddc reservoir you have in your cart?

Just get the ek single pump top. And you will need more barbs than 8. 2 for each block = 6, 2 for the radiator, and then 2 for the pump. My advice would be to get the cheaper black bitspower barbs and skip the true silver ones, they're kind of expensive...

Barb, G1/4 to 1/2, Matt Black [BP-MBWP-C01] - $3.50 : GAM Mods, PC Water Cooling and Modding Supplies

EK-DDC X-TOP V2 - G1/4 White Acetal [EKDDCXTop2WA] - $32.05 : GAM Mods, PC Water Cooling and Modding Supplies

Laing DDC-3.25 12 Volt Pump [LADDC325] - $116.50 : GAM Mods, PC Water Cooling and Modding Supplies

T-Fitting 1/2, Nylon, Black [DTEK12TFNYBLK] - $1.75 : GAM Mods, PC Water Cooling and Modding Supplies

Tube Plug Fitting 1/2, Brass [DD-FIT-B100] - $2.50 : GAM Mods, PC Water Cooling and Modding Supplies

And then completely do away with the reservoir and use a T fill line instead. Saves money and space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom