Alienware mx11 i7 - need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flesh

Baseband Member
Hi ! Im interested in buying the i7 alienware mx11 laptop. It comes with GT 335m and 8 GB ram and a 7200 rpm hdd. Given the specs, would you consider this laptop good for nowadays gaming ? (Starcraft 2, CoD Modern Warfare 2 - Black ops ).

They mention its max resolution 1300 ish. How would the desktop look ? Would it be cramped for an 11inch ? How would gaming be on such a small screen ? Would my eyes hurt after 1-2 h usage ? Sorry im being so picky but there is no shop around where I can actually see one in person.

Thanks in advance

Your questions can only be answered by you, but if your looking for random opinions.

Given the specs, would you consider this laptop good for nowadays gaming? No

How would the desktop look? Small

Would it be cramped for an 11 inch? It would be no more cramped than any other 11". In my opinion any 11" display is cramped.

How would gaming be on such a small screen? In my opinion it would be like gaming on a hand-held device, or crappy.

Would my eyes hurt after 1-2 h usage? My eyes hurt just thinking about it.

hah ! liked the response ! im just curious what machine are you using ?

edit - just noticed your logo, im assuming that is desktop pc. Have you ever gamed on a laptop ?

Given the specs, would you consider this laptop good for nowadays gaming? The specs are average at best compared to desktops however for a laptop that is actually portable they are quite good.

How would the desktop look? The resolution is roughly appropriate for a screen that size. There are tons of 15.6" laptops that have 1366x768 screens too and people don't have a problem with them.

Would it be cramped for an 11 inch? Not really, nearly all 11.6 screens are the same resolution

How would gaming be on such a small screen? Personal preference. I would love to have a M11x but it would be a second system for me. I would have a very hard time replacing my desktop plus dual monitors with one.

Would my eyes hurt after 1-2 h usage? That will vary from person to person.

Do you plan on using the laptop on the go or will it just sit on a desk 24/7? If you plan on using it on the go the M11x can't be beat but if it will just set on a desk all the time you would probably be better off with something else.

I do travel between countries quite often and Im considering having a powerful portable laptop so I can connect it to monitor + keyboard + mouse wherever I go. Im kinda confused atm since Im not sure where how much power im willing to sacrifice for portability. Im currently looking into the mbp 15 inch (i7) as well as the mx11. I also tried the sony vaio z series but as I mentioned in my other thread, I had to return it due to a sound problem. Would the mbp 15 i7 ( 4gb 7200 RPM Nvidia GT 330m) perform better in games than the mx11 due to its ULV i7 ?

I just checked that out. It does look like a great machine. Not too big, not to small, 1600 led lcd and if im not mistaken it has better specs than both the mx11 and the mbp 15. Thanks a lot for the idea ! Im gonna start reading some reviews. I have never owned an hp machine. Are they of good quality ?

A friend of mine has the M11x, he plays Empire: Total War on it for several hours at a time with no troubles. The screen is very cramped though, and annoyingly glossy (my opinion).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom