Sony Vaio Z - sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flesh

Baseband Member
Hi everyone ! I recently purchased the sony vaio z series. The specs I got were the i5, 6gb RAM 128 SSD 1600 res lcd and optical drive. The non optional gpu was nvidia 330m. I was initially very satisfied with this machine. The power/weight ratio is crazy. CoD 4 ran almost at full setings and WoW ran well at near-high.

When I tried youtube-ing a song or two I noticed that the speakers were of very poor quality. My SE W995 walkman phone gives a better quality and more powerful sound output. Even my 300 $ acer netbook has better speakers. I understand that sony tried to fit in as much as possible in a very small machine but this was unacceptable. I tried everything from mp3 to youtube to original live concert dvds and anywhere above 50% volume the sound 'broke' just like with very old speakers. I went back to the shop and noticed there was a problem with the whole line. I was very disappointed and had to claim a full refund.

Its such a shame, cause I really loved the laptop. Does the i7 line have the same problem ? I am surprised that I didn't run into this problem when I did my research of the sony vaio. All reviews were excellent and only a few made a comment regarding sub-par speakers. I couldn't have imagined its this bad. Did anyone else notice this problem on the z series ?

It's not based on model nor CPU. Laptop speakers are not top notch. Same for built in speakers on an LCD (not TVs). They do so to keep the cost low. You could have just used external speakers.

I know cpu has nothing to do with speakers. I was wondering if they fixed the problem on the i7 versions of the z series since the shop I went to only had the i5

In my opinion, having to use external speakers defeats the purpose of portability. I wasnt expecting some amazing surround system, but if my mobile phone plays music better, I would assume there's quite a big problem.

Before I got my cash refund, I had to get an expert opinion from their tech support. They actually tested it and agreed that there is a problem with the speakers. They sound just like very old broken speakers (not just cheap).

Yea they did. Both me and the technician tested other laptops. They all seemed to have the same problem. If there is a problem with the line, why wasnt it mentioned in any reviews ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom