What's the best option for my build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grapesofwonder

Baseband Member
Biggest diffrence between Motherboards?

I was looking for some ways to cut down on the price of my build and I noticed this combo (Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!) The processor is perfect but the motherboard is cheaper then the one I was planning on getting (Newegg.com - ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard). So I was wondering what the most important difference is between the two and should I go for the savings if I want to keep performance up?

I was planning on building a rig as follows:
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965
Ram: 4GB G.Skill
Graphics: GTX 460
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3
Tower: HAF 912 with 5 additional 120 mm fans
DVD Drive: Asus DRW-24BIST
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB
Power: CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX
Moniter: 22"Asus

So I was going to buy the CPU and Motherboard together but the combo ran out, so looking at the new combos I see I could save some money by using this:Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more! or I could Upgrade both my processor and Motherboard with this: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!.

So my question is should I go with the cheaper combo and downgrade my motherboard and use the extra money to upgrade something else (Like my graphics) or should I go with the better processor? Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom