SDD Space, where did it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I am running Windows 7 Ultimate X64 on my 30GB OCZ SSD. I know, that's a bit small, but it's been working great for 9 months.

All the sudden, I have 1.34GB left. I normally have 5GB left. I only recently installed a video converter. Had a few Windows updates as well, but that shouldn't hurt anything. I keep all my big programs on my secondary drive. Photoshop, Dreamweaver, SC2.

I run Comodo Internet Security. Antivirus and Firewall. I ran a scan last night, only 2 lil viruses in the Documents folder, both were Java stuff.
I have Malwarebytes. Ran that, nothing.
I have CCleaner. Only found ~100MB.

I briefly remember hearing of a folder in Windows that you can safely delete, holding Windows update information, or something. I can't find it.

I am looking at getting a new, larger storage SSD. Use something to transfer all my data to.

Windows 7 tends to make large restore points, that, and volume shadow copies take a lot of space, try running disk cleanup, and remove all temp files and what not.

PageFile, Shadow Copies, Hibernation.sys file

*Sigh* the issues I have to look forward to when I do get an SSD... although if I do get one I will keep this in mind... and I plan on getting one of the 120GB ones if I do. Good info either way... I don't like trial and error, I like others trial and error so I don't have to do it :wink:

That's what we're here for, pro2a. :)

It's not an issue, per se. It is just a common problem you run into with all low capacity drives and large system files. Not only SSDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom