Is my CPU running at the correct speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro2a

In Runtime
I was just looking in CPU-Z and I want to make sure I am reading this right... my CPU is stated below in my sig (AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz) and it says it's running at 800Mhz and the multiplier is x4... :confused: Then it'll say it is running at 3000Mhz with a multiplier of x15 :umm:

How do I know if it is running at the advertised speeds? I keep seeing these two screens pop back n forth based on what applications I am running. Sometimes it'll say 1800Mhz with a multiplier of x9...

Can you tell me if my CPU is running at the correct speeds as needed or is there something in BIOS I need to mess with first? Maybe I'm just not understanding what I am reading. Thanks again for the help.

cpuzzy.png
cpuz1d.png

It came with my MoBo, but I do not believe it is on.

Let me rephrase that, I don't know if it is on. I thought I disabled it in BIOS when I installed my new MoBo.

I will when I reset... but assuming it is enabled 1. What is it exactly and 2. If it what I think it is, I'm guessing it only draws what it needs? Would I want it disabled or enabled at that point?

Cool n'Quiet it's a feature to save power. When the computer is in idle, or doesn't have "much to do" it lowers the frequency automatically to save power. If you turn it off the processor will work always at full speed, which you should do if you want to overclock.

So basically if I run something that requires the full processor (or one of the cores) it'll run that to the max, and if not it'll keep it running low?

That leaves the next question... what is the multiplier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom