AMD Cool and Quiet no longer functioning properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most motherboards refuse to operate cool n quiet due to overclocking, as overclocking is taking the parts outside of what they are designed for, and the motherboard, switching frequencies like that, can actually cause damage to the board or processor if it is operating outside of the designed parameters.

So, you are telling me that because I overclocked and had Cool and Quiet running for 2 months, it damaged my processor so that cool and quiet no longer functions properly? As I said, cool and quiet no longer works properly, even with all stock settings, 0% overclock.

Any way to test for any further damage to the CPU?
I have ran Prime 95 many times, no crashes or anything, also, games function fine.

I already have cool and quiet disabled (previously stated). Just wanted to know if there is a possibility for any other damage, and if I can test for that damage.

Is your CPU running at the speed it was meant to (stock) after you disabled C&C and reverted your overclocked settings?

Is your CPU running at the speed it was meant to (stock) after you disabled C&C and reverted your overclocked settings?

Yes it is. Once I updated my BIOS everything was put back to stock, all I did was disable cool C&C and C1E support.

I doubt you damaged anything. C&C and overclocking are like water and oil... they just don't mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom