need help with pins on xblade case

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCC Fan

In Runtime
i just got a xblade case, and i'm having trouble inserting the pins on the motherboard, can anyone help me. the computer starts but it doesn't show anything on the motherboard.

Uhh....we need a little more info than that unless someone has a specialized expertise in 'xblade cases' You need to provide a link to what your case looks like. and you have to better describe what 'computer starts, but doesnt show anything on the motherboard' meaning the computer isn't POST'ing or what? What 'pins' are you talking about

whoa what did i say, i totally messed that up. see the thing is, i have about 20 sumtin wires i have to connect to my motherboard. i donno exactly what they're called but i think its called sumtin like pin assignment. i need help knowing where each cable goes on the motherboard. these pins i'm talkin bout are for example:
HDD LED
Pwr Sw
GND
Ground

just search "xblade computer case" in yahoo and you'll get what ever pic u want.

ooooooooooh ok....the 'Front Panel Wires' is what you should refer it to and people will know what you're talking about. All you really need to worry about is HDD LED, PWR LED, RST SW, PWR SW, and possibly the speaker for troubleshooting because that tiny PC speaker puts out little beeps when an error happens in your system.

its not called 'pin assignment' there really is no name for it...I mean..don't get me wrong you do have to put on the right connectors to the right pins, but I don't think theres a technical term. Searching for your case will be of no use.

What you need to do is check your motherboards manual and find out what and where the pins are. The HDD LED, Reset SW, Pwr LEDs and PW Switch are all located right near each other when you plug them in.

Like I said, searching the case will do you no good, you need your motherboards manual or at the very least go to your manufacturers website and look for the manual to your motherboard. That'll be the only way to figure out the wiring of your front panel. Some boards..such as MSI have the pins color coded to the wires that are coming out of the front panel and if you look near the pins in tiny lettering it tells you where each thing goes.

EDIT: The other wires, BTW are probably for extra USB connectors in the front of your case and possible an Audio and Microphone jack in the front. You don't HAVE to hook those up, their are just options, if you don't think you can tackle it, just get your main things set up. All you really need to do is have the Power Switch and Reset switch connected for it's ultimate basic purposes.

ok thanks alot. but one more thing has got me worried. my motherboard fan doesn't work. by my case has like 4 fans. why doesn't it work?

well a lot of computers have a power led, that's not important though so you didn't really have to post to tell me that. Also what fan on the motherboard are you talking about...the one above the CPU!?! If that's the case that's no good at all....that NEEDS to be running...did you hook the fan up right? There's a little 3pin connector usually near the RAM or possibly on the complete opposite side of the CPU on the motherboard that you connect the fans power to.

i didn't touch my fan, i just un screwed my motherboard from the old case and screwed it back into the new one. what does this mean?

Check it dude....don't just assume nothing came undone. Check all your connections and make sure the fan is connected to some power...the 3pin on the motherboard...if your fans power wire is not leading to anywhere...well then theres your problem regardless if all you did was move the motherboard stuff like that can happen. If it is plugged in to the 3pin then the fan could simply be dead

ok thanks alot, i fixed the fan problem. but i still have the monitor problem. i can't get any picture to show up on my monitor and i know my monitor works. what can be causing this. i need help urgently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom