What is the best socket 478 PCI-E mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the dome

Solid State Member
Hello,
I'm in the market for a new motherboard, after making a decision to go with PCI-E, I found another problem which mobo company and what chipset. Does anyone have any suggestions, it would appreciated.

You mean socket 775?
there is a socket 478.....as to whether or not they have a socket 478 motherboard that has PCI-E I have no idea. I personally wouldn't get PCI-E yet as theres no real benefits to it at all. It hasn't been fully introduced into the 'scene' if ya get me. It's like when AGP 8x first came out, nothing took full advantage of it...same thing applies here

I know there is a socket 478 =), there is no socket 478 mobo w/ pcie...

I disagree, PCI express smokes...for those of us who want (need) the latest tech, it's worth all the bucks...

I know there is a socket 478 =), there is no socket 478 mobo w/ pcie...
Well thats what I was saying I wasn't sure if there was a PCI-E board for socket 478, but also I know nothing of Intel :)

But no way, PCI-E doesn't smoke yet, it hasn't been fully adapted into the computing scene. It's not even worth the bucks yet. Get any PCI-E based graphics card right now and put it up against an AGP card of the exact same make and model and you will see little to no difference in speed. I want (need) the latest in tech and at this point I wouldn't even buy a 64 as right now it's not fully utilized and my 2.7GHz XP-Mobile can beat out a 64 3500+ in the sisoftware sandra arithmatic and multimedia cpu benchmarks. It's the simple fact that the things aren't fully utilized but yeah here in a few months PCI-E based boards with the new chipsets and cards will be blazing. The only thing going for 64 bit systems is that they'll last a lot longer than my XP mobile when something like windows64bit comes out fully made and stable

PCI-E is a really good interface, it's the developers that have not yet made cards to utilize it fully

no they do not have socket 478 boards with PCI-E, it is only the socket 775 boards with the Intel 915 and 925 chipsets that support it

I doubt there would be a socket 478 mobo w/ PCI-E. The socket 478 P4s are already bottlenecks for our future PCI-E Cards anyways.

Thanks for the info,

I've decided to stick with a agp mobo, just for the fact no games use the pci-e bandwidth and so it would be a needless investment. I think I'm gunna get a Abit 1c7-max3, anyone with any experience on that board?

,thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom