Laptop Keeps Turning off Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

markpelly

Baseband Member
Okay so i was asked to throw a new OS on this laptop not too long ago and i finally did it and im having some weird issue. Whenever i start doing an installation of xp, vista, 7...it just shuts off at random points. I has shut off during the install, during the format, during the unpacking files right in the beginning; this all happens everytime. I even used gparted to wipe it earlier to see if the computer had an issue or something. And i just put the gparted in the machine to try another failed attempt at an install..and it turned off while booting up gparted! im so confused haha, this has never happened on an install before.

Randomly powering down, sounds more like a heat related issue, could be memory or a hard drive issue, but that usually results in other strange errors and not just flat out powering down.

Make sure that it is getting the proper voltage/amperage from the AC adapter, and check to make sure the fan/heatsink isn't clogged up causing it to overheat.

Yea. I you can get to the CPU, you might want to reapply thermal paste. A local small business computer shop should be able to. A cooling base helps as well.

What temps are showing up in BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom