Emachine D3107 Graffix

Status
Not open for further replies.
No beeps = bad.

The good news is that eMachines use off-the-shelf parts, so you could reuse the case with a mATX board. You would need a new CPU and RAM as that was a socket A, 754, or 939 (all now long dead and gone), and no currently CPU/mobo uses DDR.

Got a budget?

No budget. This was a pc that someone was throwing away and I thought maybe i could repair and use for a media box or something. At this point it is now being harvested for replacement parts. I figure if nothing makes it beep at all the mobo is done. Ty all for your help.

Back onto the problem... Now I just had a E-Machine W5243 brought in with the exact same symptoms. The people reported before this every time the monitor came on the tower would shut off. No there is no signal, but the machine is powered up. PCI Graphics card does not work, and I currently don't have a spare working PCI-E card. With everything unhooked still no mobo beeps. Now i am questioning whether E-Machine has them on their mobo. What is the odds both E-Machines i have seen in the last week have both have fried mobo.

I am thinking they waited too long to bring it to me. I think when they were talking about the tower shutting off when the monitor came on it was a psu issue and could have been saved. But they waited till the monitor didn't work at all (ie the mobo popped from a weak psu).

Tried different psu's (5) and all of them gave the same result (250w-420w). The tower powers on the fans turn but no video, no beeps and no processor clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom