Hp slimline s3707c case upgrade ****ible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys i think i messed up big time i put everything on the case but the power supply i had dint have the small MoBo power connection .
i managed to get the PSU from the slimline to fit in the pc it turns on but i get no picture at all so i think i must have damaged the mobo somehow.
i have no clue what else it could be i pretty much tryed everything i could think off.
so im think ill be better off spending a bit more if you guy can rec me a mobo that i can reuse ram and cpu that would be great ill also need a psu nothing expensive.
as i stated above i can put pcs together but not wen picking out the parts to buy.
the budget is $100 if i can keep under that it would be sweet since is not gona be for gaming that antec case is ****** btw lol
thanks in advance

Okay, What happens when you turn it on?

Do you get any beeps when you boot? Theres alot of reasons why no picture would show up.

Did you use the p;roper standoffs to keep the mobo properly spaced from the case? It may be that the psu is underpowered to power the fans in the new case, or the boards shorting out, not a bad thing, just doesn't start.

Lets trouble shoot before buying.

As PatonB said, there could be several things, take everything out, and reseat it, for all you know, something could have just come loose during the transfer, happens to the best all the time.

Did you put the stand offs in the proper spots for the mini-itx motherboard?

Also, not plugging in the plug, isn't bad, I had an HP motherboard once that had a 4 pin wire that made no sense going to the PSU, turned out it was some form of fan control for the PSU since the PSU also acted as the exhaust. It is unlikely the board suffered damage. The only possible way it could have been damaged, is from ESD, which, hopefully, if you know how to put them together, you know how to avoid it for the most part.

Have you tried pulling ALL the hardware, and laying it on cardboard to bench test it?

unfortunately i wont be able to mess with it today ill try tonight after work.
everything turns on fans and all but no beeps the cd drive isnt connected since the sata cable wont reach i need to get longer ones.
and i did place on the right spot it was the only place it fit.

May be ESD, try pulling the motherboard from the case and do a bench test with just the motherboard/ram/cpu, don't hook up anything else, and see if she fires up and posts.

It is possible the PSU you used, was flaky and surged on the motherboard when powering up.

Im using the the slimline PSU cuz the regular size one dint have the power plug for the mini mobo.
Not the 4 pin one but the larger one but on small scale for the mini mobo.
Ill try boot it up with out the fans tonight see what happens i hope it just don't have the juice to run everything and nothing mayor is up lol
good thing i modified that broken screen laptop into a desktop last month is a life saver right now lol.
if nothing ill try to get some pics up for u guys to see if u spot something im missing.
ill report later tonight

I tried turning it on with out the fans i got close to listen and it does the beeps and such but no picture still. I did try a different monitor
btw the only means of cooling this thing had was the CPU cooler lol
here are some pics i know cable work is messy ill clean it up once its running lol

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom