2nd Upgrade I've done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Well i got all my parts, I plugged everything, but there is one problem (like always) I boot up up and all I get is a black screen with no beeps.

Sounds like the hard drive is not doing anything. Its brand new, not formatted or anything, just plugged in. I tried putting this harddrive on my old PC and it doesnt recognize it, but my mother board is pretty old (4 years) and this a SAT harddrive 3.0, I dont think this mother board can take a 3.0.
I have a 700 watt power supply.
I unplugged the video card, so I'm using the onboard.
I took out the RAM to see if it'll make a beep and still none.
I removed the DVD drive and nothing.

I dont know what to do next, I read in another forum that it could be the processor, I'm hoping its not, all I can do is remove this one from the PC that is working and install it there and see what happens, but I just dont know what else to do. Because supposely I suppose to get the BIOS screen no matter what.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced!

Double check with the mobo manual that you are plugging it into the #1 (or #0 on some boards) SATA spot. SATA3 is backwards compatible with the others, BTW.

Also double check that your connections are plugged in good. They can be tricky sometimes.

Double check with the mobo manual that you are plugging it into the #1 (or #0 on some boards) SATA spot. SATA3 is backwards compatible with the others, BTW.

Also double check that your connections are plugged in good. They can be tricky sometimes.

Hey buddy,

Thanks for the tips, but what I did was I removed the processor and cleaned the contacts, double checked the connections, like you said, booted up and it started beeping like crazy. Then I removed one of the RAM memories and I was able to get into the BIOS, then I removed the remaining RAM and add the one that I removed, rebooted, again I was able to get into the BIOS, then I added the 2nd RAM and again it started to beep like crazy, then I moved the 2nd RAM to another slot, worked perfect! :D:D

Thanks again for your time and advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom