Time to build a new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Trotter,
Thanks for suggestion. I'm ready to buy but I'm hoping for quick reply from you. I like that one but the upgraded one is $10 more. With rebate it comes to $40. Is it worth xtra $10 for this SAPPHIRE 100292L?

Also would like an answer on the RAM ? above. I'm ready to buy. Do you think I got a good deal with MB combo above? Thanks

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100292L Radeon HD 5450 (Cedar) 1GB 64-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Low Profile Ready Video Card

Maybe this RAM or should I go 1 stick 2GB?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820178154

$10 for a gig vs 512MB? Sounds good to me.

I would go for a single 2GB. That way you can always drop in another for 4GB in only two slots.

Take trotters advice on the video card, I have it running on my machine right now and couldn't be more happy.
It's not a 5770, but it does it jobs to well if I mistaken read my review I left there for the product it will give you a bit more details on what it can handle and cannot handle.

Trotter, I was going to get 1 stick 2GB of RAM but I know DChan is better so I bought this before you got back to me. I think I got a good deal. 2 OCZ's 1GB each $38.99 shipd. I did go with the right card though. I figured same you did 512 had to be worth $10. Now if I can only get the rebate to come up on Sapph website. Can you please answer my other ? from last 2 post. Now I guess all I have to get is the ASUS 24" monitor and Win7 Pro. How much faster should my comp be from my old setup to my newer one, minus Win7? I'm hoping lots. :)

Mike, I'll check your review and thanks for your input.

Newegg.com - OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2G8002GK

If you have someone in your family who is a student, ask them to purchase Windows 7 from a Student site for you. It'll still be a retail version, as about 1/3rd of the price. (At least that's how it is in the UK. I'm assuming there are student sites in USA too, though whether they are OEM or retail boxes is another matter.)

I'm not sure which questions you mean, WasTech.

The combo is a good deal, yes. The RAM looks to be good. You went with the best solution on the graphics card.

No problem Trotter I got bigger probs. I can't get the rebate form from Newegg. Could you or somebody else on here go to this link and try to dl this rebate? It's just below the add to cart box. I can get it into my adobe read but it won't open all the way. I get a partial doc. Only about a 1/4 of first of 2 pages. Kind of makes me wonder if it's on purpose by Sapphire. I need this form ASAP. Thanks

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100292L Radeon HD 5450 (Cedar) 1GB 64-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Low Profile Ready Video Card

I apologize to Sapphire the problem was Adobe Reader.

The used MB didn't work. It kept rebooting about every 3 seconds. Had to turn off PS. That sounds like heat problem to me but shouldn't have been I used AS-5 on it. What does it sound like to you guys?

So still looking for a DDR2 240 pin AM2 MB. I'm looking at ASUS. Seems to be slim pickens these days for these boards. I'll spend max of $80 on one. Like I said I'm looking at ASUS AM4A77D. My problem with this board is I'll have to splice my case wires to use it. For some reason they put the F panel pins over aside of PCI slots. What gauge wire should I use to splice it? The writing on wire is so small I can't read it with magnifier. I'm guessing 20G. Thanks

Newegg.com - ASUS M4A77D AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom