Need a good quality headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
So i've been using a cheapo $20 set that has been working fine but just isn't comfortable for those long sessions. I use the headset about 95% of the time, everything from watching movies to FPS. Sometimes hours and hours on end. Most important featues to me are:
1) Comfort
2) Durability
3) Quality surround sound

My last good set of Razer Barracudas died on me after a year and a half, I kept twisting them on my head to hear what my wife was yelling to me from the other room and I guess the constant torque on the headset eventually weakened the aluminium and it broke. I've been looking at these and was wondering if anyone has experience with them and what people think.

High End
- Newegg.com - SENNHEISER PC350 3.5mm Connector Circumaural Headset
- Sony DRGA500
- Steelseries 7H

Mid Range
- Newegg.com - RAZER Carcharias 3.5mm Connector Circumaural Professional Gaming Headset
- Newegg.com - Creative Fatal1ty Gaming USB Headset - Smaller Box
- Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset

Wireless?
- Newegg.com - Logitech G930 USB Connector Circumaural Wireless Gaming Headset

Price is not really an issue, I'm willing to pay for quality but at the same time I'm not looking to waste money.

Too bad you cant glue/fix your Barracudas if you were happy with them for all uses. Overlord just recently posted a review of a peripheral product company recently that he felt was better than Razor products. I cant remember the name of company or if they even had any head phones. IN my opinion, is it tough to find a headset that is comfortable for long term gaming - yet is accurate and full sounding for music. I use different headsets - as a audiophile ( played trumpet in college) - I cant stand a cheaper /lighter headset for music or movies that have good instrumental parts ( fine for Rock & Roll) - but wearing a larger headset for hours of gaming is not an option either. Hence = 2 headsets for me. Sennheiser is a good product and I use them for my music listening and movies. I just use a cheaper but more comfortable Logitech headset for gaming.

I have the Sennheiser HD650 with a Headroom dedicated amp, and it's very high quality; that's what I use for my gaming rig. Most people have no idea what headphones are capable of if you're willing to drop a few Benjamins.

But if money is truly no object, you can get way better headphones... my Stax Omega 2 setup cost me about $9k (with a dedicated amp).

Try this site: headphone.com. They are a great place to start.

I have the Sennheiser HD650 with a Headroom dedicated amp, and it's very high quality; that's what I use for my gaming rig. Most people have no idea what headphones are capable of if you're willing to drop a few Benjamins.

But if money is truly no object, you can get way better headphones... my Stax Omega 2 setup cost me about $9k (with a dedicated amp).

Try this site: headphone.com. They are a great place to start.

Well, 9k might be a bit too much for me :p I'd like to stick around or under the $200 mark. I'll check out that page, thanks.

Well, I'm leaning towards the Sennheiser's right now, they retail around $200 here, but I've notice a couple on ebay around the $100 mark from China....wondering if they are legit, the seller has good feedback but I'm still weary under the "too good to be true" clause.

I wish there were some decent reviews out on the Sony headset but I'm guessing they're still to new, most places aren't even selling them yet.

What about wireless? What kind of quality am I giving up if I go wireless?

I have a Sennheiser headset that plugs in with a USB or the 3.5" jacks, its nice to game with the game sounds on you regular speakers and chat on your headphones. They are also big and comfortable... the only downside is that you cant move your head around too much. I am over 300# and I have a big head and when I sneeze, these things fall off, but other than that, I have had these on for 4-5 hour raids and forgot they were on my head... GREAT sound too, only cost me around $80 from amazon.com.

Thanks, that is another great option, I'm a big fan of corsair as well.

Now my choice is that much harder...I wish there were more reviews out on the corsair and the sony.

Well, I'm leaning towards the Sennheiser's right now, they retail around $200 here, but I've notice a couple on ebay around the $100 mark from China....wondering if they are legit, the seller has good feedback but I'm still weary under the "too good to be true" clause.

Do not buy Sennheiser headphones from any Asian county on ebay. Those sellers are notorious for having fake audio equipment, especially fake sennheisers.
I cannot recommend you a headphone, just warn you not to use ebay to buy audio equipment from Asian countries, expecially when it's low price.
Sources...
Source 1
Source 2
Source 3
It goes on and on, just look up fake sennheisers from ebay in your preferred search engine.

Sennheiser or nothing is my motto i own two pairs. one HD280 pro and one HD203 and I will never buy another high end brand again. I'm even getting a sennheiser mic soon.

Oh happy 15mill Jfen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom