Need Help Finding A Good Gaming Keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlatour88

Baseband Member
I'm sure there's other posts about this but i want suggestions for my personal preferences. First I like playing alot of FPS games and im not much of a Macro guy. style is a litte important, i dont want some ordinary keyboard. I will be using my pc for more than games also and i dont think id like the game pads iv seen out there but im not 100% about that. iv looked at the G15/19 and i dont really need the lcd so those are out, and iv also looked at the Razors. still razors have alot of mixed reviews so not sure. i may decide to get the upcoming Razor BlackWidow Ultimate that comes out on the 14th, but never had a razor so not sure. anyway any suggestions welcome. also please explain the reason your suggesting them and anything else you may have to say. thx...

I did a quick search and couldn't find much on gaming keyboard, mouses mouse pads mostly just parts so I'm interested in what people come up with. I was looking at the Razer for Starcraft but idk about $80 for a mouse haha

im a hard core FPS player and i have a 12 year old dell keyboard... to be honest i laugh when i see people spend anything more than $10 on a keyboard.

hmm, in a way i think you guys are right... im going to be getting a Microsoft SideWinder X8 Mouse so thats prob the most important part. il look into some economic keyboards then.. any suggestions? i dont want some old dell keyboard tho lol

I've used dozens of keyboards and mice and for the most part I find it to be personal prefference. For a mouse, figure out if you need the extra programmable buttons etc... then go to your local comp store and try the feel of a bunch of different ones before you buy. Weight and shape will change from one mouse to the other.

For keyboards I've done everything from the $150 to the $5 special...all worked fine. It comes down to what feature you want, I never used the programable keys and eventually have returned to a back light keyboard that I can see the letters through in the dark as most of my computing is in a dark room.

I like Razer, but for the most part wouldn't pay full price for their stuff, they're not that much better than the others. I say your best bet is to go to a local shop and se which feels best in your hands.

I used to use a Microsoft Curve keyboard for typing and gaming. It worked rather well, just doesn't have any backlighting.

I've heard good things about the Saitek Cyborg keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom