I need help overclocking a Q8200 w/ Asus P5Q Pro board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man my machine sounds like a meatgrinder with all the fans right now... I don't see how I can get more airflow...

I just dropped the VCore down to 1.25v. Ran intel burn test, passed but core #1 still gets to 73c while others get to 69c max.

I really don't see how this is way too hot.

Well according to intel: Intel® Core

Q8200 specs:

Vcore Max = 1.3625
Tcase Max (CPU temperature) = 71c

Anything over 70C is getting risky... and deemed hot.. But keep dropping your Vcore till it isn't stable... 65C is alot better if you can drop it there.

Your case isn't really that great... as i said, my case has 3 120mm and 1 200mm... thats airflow!

My core temps are 69c max on #1, #2-#4 stay at 65c max.

My cpu temp (not core) is 46c under load. What does this mean?

What shows as cpu temp... Program I mean.

You can live with thoses temps i guess. I think your case is the culprit.

As you have 1 low core, it seems your TIM might not be right. Maybe try redoing the heatsink.

You could try removing the case door just to see if it lowers things.

Oh, well I really hate the little pins Freezer Pro 7 has... kind of feel like they dont put enough pressure. I wish it was a screw on instead of the dam pins that come with stock intel coolers.

Yup I hate them too, HOWEVER, thees always a great trick floating about the web... Like some are able to half to 3/4r lock the pins then they snap in.

But my tuniq is a dream with bolts :) .

Arctic Silver 5 is a low grade paste in todays modern world. Get some Tuniq TX-2 instead, you only want to use a little, no more than what would equal a single grain of dried rice. To much paste is bad, to little isn't good but it's better than to much. You need to reduce your temps to the low 60's, 65 should be the max on any one core. If some better paste doesn't help then you'll probably need to reduce your overclock until your temps drop to an acceptable level.

Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-2 Cooling Thermal Compound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom