Installing 2wk

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobo

In Runtime
I recently purchased a w2k upgrade cd for my 98 system. Since purchaasing it i have been told that upgrades can sometimes be buggy . I know that from installing xp that it was possible to wipe the drive clean and during the install just insert a lessesr os cd.Is that option available for W2K ? Thanks in advance.

Sure is, just boot to the upgrade CD and choose clean install.

thanks guys it worked great. Now all i need is a few drivers...Thanks again....

I am having a strange problem and could someone give some suggestions?

I did my system over this morning from a double boot of 98 and xp to 98 , w2k and xp pro. When i was all finished and trying to connact xp to the net i notice the network adaptes is showing a problem in device manager in both w2k and xp. Since i didn't touch 98 there aren't any problems there. i gathered the drivers from 98 via free software and tried to install them in xp but it continues to come back to me with somehting like "Does not need drivers or are unable to blah blah blah" Could any one give a possible fix. Its an onboard (built in mobo ) intel adapter.

Just an idea, but how 'bout booting into Win98 and see what the driver is in Windows 98. The drivers are usually called the same name in all Windows incarnations.

Then, when you find that out, get those drivers for 2000 and XP. If you can't find the drivers for XP, hack it and use 2000 drivers.

I just threw in a nic that6 i had lying around to get it operational and once i got all the updates from microsoft the integrated nic worked again...go figure:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom