I need help overclocking a Q8200 w/ Asus P5Q Pro board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteScouter

Baseband Member
I had my Q8200 overclocked before, it gave me issues (thinking it was PSU) so yesterday I got my Antec TruePower 750W along with my new Gigabyte GTX 480 Femi card. I thaught my 2.33ghz might be a bit slow so I should probably OC it to at least 3ghz. I had Prime95 running for 8 hours, #1 and #2 failed after 58 minutes and #3 & #4 ran until I stopped it 8 hours later.

Can someone please point me in the right direction. I am not good at overclocking, I have read guides and know somewhat about it but I still can't get my system anywhere close to stable on Prime95.

Here are some pictures:

prime95.png

img5912w.jpg

img5913uq.jpg

img5914l.jpg

After I tweaked it a bit, I got the BSOD with MEMORY_MANAGMENT and IRAQ_NOT_EQUAL_TO.

Can someone please give me some tips on the settings and what I should put them at.

COMPUTER:

Memory: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel
CPU: Q8200
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Pro
GFX Card: Gigabyte GTX 480 Femi
PSU: Antec TruPower 750W
HDD: 5 HDD's, 300GB, 320GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB

You've really not given alot of info... What did you tweak? I'd leave the ram at default and manual keep it at itgs rated speed.

Then up fsb and then Vcore as you need it.

You have your N and S bridge on auto... they may be a small bother, but ususaly too much Volts making heat.

Ran MemTest for 8 hours, that went pretty good. With these settings, ran Prime95... #1 & #2 failed within 2 minutes of the test!

Can someone please help me, what would I need to raise. Anything thats NOT on AUTO means I changed it.

Please help

img5923.jpg

img5924h.jpg

img5925b.jpg

Prime95 Failed... What is wrong!!! I am about to throw this junk out the window! I have enough cooling! Settings look right! Grrrrr

Any ideas??

prime957.png

Well firstly youre hittig 70C+ which can be bad.. You do realize your safe max temp is about 72C... So you don't have enough cooling. ****, my 900 case hase 2 120mm sucking in, 1 exhuasting and 1 200mm out the top, aswell as an aftermarket cpu cooler... Thats good cooling.

Why are you doing crap to your ram? Why haven't you started off like I first wrote?

Set your ram to factory settings then start overclocking the fsb to 2.6Ghz, aznd test it.

If you don't do what is suggested, no one will bother writing help.

On P45 chipset it's not possible to run fsb and dram unlinked like on your Nvidia chipset, 1:1 is the lowest possible fsb:dram ratio and that is what he is using.

Yay! I got a stable 3.0ghz!

I had to download a modded bios versions for my P5Q Pro that was made by Ket. Then I kind of went off by somebodys Q9550 settings but tweaking them to my settings. Also added a small fan mounted on SB and a 120mm fan blowing on top of NB + ram.

I even got my ram close to 1066!

I ran prime95 for 5 hours without issues!

Temps are not breaking 74c under load! Before it was up to 85c! Gotta love ArcticSilver5 paste!

I want to Thank all of you for all the help! I really appriciate it. Can someone look at my settings and just make sure they are ok and they won't make my computer explode in the next few days =D

prime958.png

img5933s.jpg

img5930e.jpg

img5931y.jpg

img5932v.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom