Scroll Bars in replies?

11vpswl.jpg

2dkgv48.jpg

There is the same browser using both my Resolutions. It has to be something specific to your browser, like an extension that is causing this. Cause using the Same OS, Same Resolution and Same Browser did not replicate it. That only leaves extensions.

I know it happens. I already said as much. But it isnt an every time thing. If i refresh it goes away, which means it is a browser issue. Not a site issue. I posted those shots to show that it is not a site issue. Cause you can see that none of my shots have that going on when c0rr0sive says it happens all the time in that thread. Which means that something else is affecting it. Cause if it was a problem with the site, or even just the browser itself, it could be reproduced just using the same standards. Since i cant using the same OS, Browser and Resolution that only leaves 1 other option.

I am not trying to say that what he is seeing isnt happening. I already said several times know that i know it is. I see it several times an hour, but i know it is my Browser. IE9 Beta does wierd things at times.

I don't think it's a browser issue. I can refresh all I want and the bar will still be there.
edit: just tried in Firefox and Chrome, also happens there too.

It's not an issue really, just interesting

So if it is a site issue, then how is it i cant get the same results? I dont see it in that thread in Firefox 3 or 4, Opera 10.62 or 10.70, Chrome 6 and 7, Dragon, Safari and IE9 (32 Bit and 64 bit). So it just seems odd to me that it is only happening to a select couple of people but not everyone. Cause if it was a site issue, then it would happen to everyone and not just a select few. I will see if Baez can figure it out, cause certainly i dont get it. 10 different browsers and i cant get it to happen on a constant basis.

I think it's something to do with the smileys
:p

edit: yep, simply putting that smiley face at the end is enough to make a scroll bar appear. And with this line here, no scroll bar. So if my theory here is correct, putting an emoticon at the end of your post (or on the last line) will cause the bar.
:p

edit edit: putting a smiley here like this :p doesn't matter. Has to be by itself on the last line.
edit edit edit: and on the end of Mak's post in the example Corrosive gave, there's a ;)

Corrosive, can you do some testing here? Try making a new post here, and see if you can make the error by posting a smiley at the end of your post on a new line. Also try just on the end of your last line.

I get them every once in a while. I just figured it was part of vB4 and went on.

Back
Top Bottom