Powerful system, low frame rate on simple games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbuktu

Beta member
Hey guys.

I'm having this strange problem (and always had) that I have pretty low frame rates on a simple and old game with my powerful system. I have an AMD PhenomII 965 @ 3GHz, XFX HD4890, 4GB Corsair DDR3 @ 1333MHz - playing on 1280x1024 resolution. The game I'm talking about is GTA San Andreas Multiplayer. I usually get below 45 fps, which is way too low for my system. I know this because I can easily play and record games like MW2 @ 60fps, but this SAMP never goes over 40-50fps, and even a few frames lower when recording. I've tried lowering the settings and everything, still exactly the same frame rate.

I haven't tried any kind of tweaks and tricks, I don't know any. Sorry for being a 1 post newb asking for help, but I greatly appreciate some help. Thanks in advance. ;)

Hey guys.

I'm having this strange problem (and always had) that I have pretty low frame rates on a simple and old game with my powerful system. I have an AMD PhenomII 965 @ 3GHz, XFX HD4890, 4GB Corsair DDR3 @ 1333MHz - playing on 1280x1024 resolution. The game I'm talking about is GTA San Andreas Multiplayer. I usually get below 45 fps, which is way too low for my system. I know this because I can easily play and record games like MW2 @ 60fps, but this SAMP never goes over 40-50fps, and even a few frames lower when recording. I've tried lowering the settings and everything, still exactly the same frame rate.

I haven't tried any kind of tweaks and tricks, I don't know any. Sorry for being a 1 post newb asking for help, but I greatly appreciate some help. Thanks in advance. ;)

Make sure you have up to date graphics card drivers, but this game may just not work well.

Look for an option for frame limiter and turn it OFF
to get to "Frame Limiter"
Go to
Pause Menu
Options
Display Setup
Advanced
Frame Limiter

set Frame Limiter to OFF

Thanks for the answers.

The framelimiter is actually turned off and my drivers are up-to-date. Just a few minutes ago I tried the singleplayer of GTASA, and I was surprised by the difference between the SP and MP. In the SP I couldn't go lower than 60 fps. I find it really strange, because both the MP and SP run the exact same exe, everything is the same except the vehicles are controlled by other players. I think I've come to the conclusion that it might not be my system, it might be the MP itself that's the problem =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom