The difference between AMD Sempron 2200+ and AMD Athlon 2800+ is??

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a difference... but you may not notice it. To be honest I didn't notice much of a difference when I upgraded to a Phenom II quad core from a AMD X64 dual core... And that was quite a jump.

You should notice a pretty big difference though how cheap is cheap because that processor is still very outdated.

I made a similar jump from a Sempron 3100+ to an Athlon 3800+ and I saw a huge difference but it was a free jump. On this occasion if your spending anywhere near $50 or even $30 US IMHO it would benefit you more to save for a newer set of low end mobo, ram, and cpu.

make the jump. Going from a single to a dual core will really improve speed. Otherwise take Abstracts advice and upgrade mobo, ram and CPU.

We are talking single core socket A here. Dual cores were still just wild dreams back then.

You won't see much of a jump, I am afraid. It will be some, but barely.

Ya, only single core. I'd suggest the upgrade.
I had a Athlon 2800+ up to a few months ago. Had the Clawhammer.
2 gig of DDR RAM, 66/6800 AGP video card and a SATA drive, your running Windows XP no problem for the next 2-3 years.

Of course, if you can hold out until you have the money for a dual core system that would be more beneficial.

i thought the athlon 3800 was a dual core. My mistake guys.
But save some money and upgrade to atleast a dual core. Forget the single to single upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom