Push pull radiator fan noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtfunkymojo

In Runtime
So I have a push-pull configuration on the radiator of my H50 cooler.

It's really loud, I MEAN AS LOUD AS A FRIGGIN LARGE AIR CONDITIONER!

I have two different fans on the radiator, so I think that the different rpms are making noise.

So how do I fix the noise?

I'd recommend identical fans as well, and if they're on a fan controller make sure you match the RPM or at least the speed control (set both to the same speed). Also make sure to tighten the screws so that the fans don't vibrate against the radiator, but not too tight that you bend or break the mounting tabs on the fans. I'm using some cheap Rosewill fans with my H50 and it works great.

I have two (2) different fans on my setup right now and it's not making any funny noises. I have a Scythe 120mmx38mm Ultra Kaze 130 cfm fan as my push and a Silverstone 120mmx25mm FM123 105 cfm fan as the pull. Some of the "push" air escapes thru the sides of the heatsink so it doesn't actually overpower the pull fan.

The H50 radiator doesn't really have any room to escape as it is solid on all 4 sides so the fans really should be matched. Yesterday I reversed my fans (had it blowing out of the case but switched to blowing in) and for some reason it made it louder but I'm going to live with it because it did drop temps significantly. My fans are pretty well matched, the RPM's are within 20RPM of each other most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom