Please help blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMAC1979

Beta member
My HP Laptop dv6000 received the blue screen of death and when I boot from CD/DVD to reformat with Windows 7(bought copy), it goes to where it says Install and then stays on the screen saying "Setup is starting" and has the spinning circle. I even left it on for over 4 hours and would not get passed the screen. Please help.

It has a brand new 160 GB HDD, 1 GB of RAM, 1.67 GHZ duo core processor I also tried booting into safe mode and I still get the bluescreen

Windows 7(bought copy), it goes to where it says Install and then stays on the screen saying "Setup is starting" and has the spinning circle.

How would I do a clean install? The only way I know is booting from the windows disc and after selecting install remove the partition but it doesn't get that far, anything I need to do?

Ehh, if you can't even get to the point of removing/deleting partitions via the Windows Installer when installing the OS, it will be several things, not just a bad formating.

You will need to run a checkdisk on that drive to check for bad sectors, you should also run memtest86+, just out of experience, when the installer freaks out, it is usually a hardware problem, not the partitions/formatting in this type of situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom