ATI HD 2600 XT won't display to LG LCD at higher than 60 Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.
It claims 120Hz, but it has a max 60p, anyways, can you list all your computer specs for us? You may have limited resources or something, and the software may have to be pulling the video from the hard drive, that is the only thing I can possibly think of.

Something I found when searching the LG KB about there televisions.

When using an HDMI cable, there are 2 signal types your LG TV will accept from a PC…HDMI-DTV, and HDMI-PC. The TV must be set to what the PC is set to. On the TV, the HDMI input type can be changed in the input menu. Press Menu on the remote, choose input, and then press the right arrow on the remote while HDMI is selected. The signal type on the PC can be changed using the control panel installed by your graphics card driver.
Supported resolutions are listed in the manual. Note the list is different depending on the connection type.
Screen adjustments are only available in the TV menu when using an analog connection (RGB). Most of the same adjustments can be made for any of the connection types on the PC using the control panel installed by the graphics card driver.
A special monitor driver is not required. Windows will automatically choose the correct monitor driver.
If the audio is not working when using a headphone jack with DVI/HDMI, the TV mostly likely is picking up some kind of audio signal from the HDMI cable which causes it to ignore the headphone jack input. Try a different DVI to HDMI cable or use the RGB(VGA) input.

Link: http://lgknowledgebase.com/kb/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=6484

I was talking about the TV, LCD tv's sometimes get firmware updates, read the instruction manual for it and check the LG website, also, have you tried a different HDMI cable? A low quality one may work at 720P just fine, but when you go to 1080, it may not be sufficient, especially if it is 25 foot.

I was talking about the TV, LCD tv's sometimes get firmware updates, read the instruction manual for it and check the LG website, also, have you tried a different HDMI cable? A low quality one may work at 720P just fine, but when you go to 1080, it may not be sufficient, especially if it is 25 foot.

My best guess is also the HDMI cable. I've had several. The one before this one was pretty good then it got cut and I went to Best Buy again to buy one, but this time for $250 they had an even cheaper cable. Seems like products are getting cheaper and cheaper at an exponentially accelerating rate.

I just bought the tv last week, but I will be sure to check to see if they have a firmware update.

Yea, I bought mine, and found out it had a few firmware updates that it needed because of issues with the back lights not properly changing brightness, was out before I bought it lol. But yea, don't buy an uber expensive cable, just buy a really cheap short one that you know for sure will work at 1080, cheaper ones seem ok for short travel, but they are bad for larger distances.

Read this FAQ on HDMI cables, apparently, at 10 meters, which is just over 30 foot, they seem to no longer work, but it all depends upon the hardware that is decoding the signals on the HDMI cable, some chips can handle weaker signals than others. So you may have to get a repeater or something for your 1080....

FAQ about HDMI: HDMI :: Resources :: FAQ

I actually have a 35' cable. I think it's a Monster Cable THX 1000. It's suppose to work at 1080p, but only with 14-bit colors. I use 32-bit colors. I can try to set the colors lower and see if it helps. Also I can set the resolution lower and see if that helps, especially since I can't even play 1080p movies with my CPU anyway :big_grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom