ATI HD 2600 XT won't display to LG LCD at higher than 60 Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy1541

Solid State Member
Can't I obtain a driver for a LG LCD under windows 7? Or just a driver that is meant to be used for 42" LCD tv's that function at 120 Hz?

I have some stalling and jumping when I stream movies to my LG tv and the camera pans across some scenery.

Also I can only operate at 59 Hz right now, otherwise the picture does not fit the whole tv. I figure both these problems might be fixed with the proper monitor driver.

A significant number of tvs that are marketed as 120hz aren't really 120hz so it's likely your tv is one of those models. Basically those TV's only accept a 60hz input signal and simply generate the renaming frames internally.

Either way 60hz should be more than fast enough for fluid playback and most video is actually shot at much slower speeds. Are you sure your system is powerful enough to play back the video smoothly?

I replaced the video card with an ATI 5670 recently and had the same problem. I was thinking it could also be that the CPU (E6700) is too slow, but then kind of forgot about that. Yes of course 60 or 59 Hz should display smoothly when your video is 24 fps.

What I don't get is why some small little mp4 file will display the same problem as a 720p movie. The only thing I changed is from a 720p plasma to a 1080p lcd because I cracked the plasma.

Could it be the CPU that's to blame at this "blown up" 1080p resolution even with the small mp4 file (720 x 572)?

1080p is lower resolution than most PC monitors..... So the resolution isn't the issue, it's just that a television is usualy 60hz

Same with computer monitors, they are usually 60-80hz -.-

I don't think it's a performance issue because on my computer monitor (1920 x 1200) it's not choppy and on my tv (1920 x 1080) it is, even running both at 60 Hz.

I don't know what it could be. My HDMI cable is 25' long, but on my 720p plasma the screen wasn't choppy at all.

A 25 foot HDMI cable?

Anyways, the only thing I can think of, is NOT the pc, it's either the TV not properly handling the video, or the cable is flaky.

BTW, can you give us the exact model number of your TV screen?

A model number would help a lot, a single tv size from a single manufacture can have upto 20+ model numbers, each one stating what functions it has or doesnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom