My Comp I am going to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3dS3rialKill3r

Solid State Member
I decided i was going to build my own comp when i get enough money. I would like some oppinions on this comp, give other suggestions plz. Ty

Motherboard: ABIT "AV8" K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL $111

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3800+, 512KB L2 Cache, 64-bit Processor, Socket 939 - Retail $630

RAM: Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series,(Twin Pack) 184 Pin 2GB(1GB x 2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail $542

Graphics Card: eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-bit, Dual DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "256-A8-N345-AX" -RETAIL $619

Hard Drive: Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model WD1200JD, OEM Drive Only $90

Sound –
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy ES PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0162" -OEM $43
Speaker: MidiLand MX-5 5.1 Multi-Channel Speaker System $82.50
Headphones: KINYO KY-100 5.1 Channel Headphone $39.99

Case: Thermaltake Black Xaser III Super Tower Chassis, ATX Super Tower, Large Side Windows, With 7 fans and Lock+(W0009)420W Power Supply, Model "V1420AU" -RETAIL $163.49

Power Supply: LOGISYS 500W ALUMINUM & MODED GAMING POWER SUPPLY, Dual LED fans, Model "PS500CLA" -RETAIL $42.99

Heatsink/Fans: 7 in case, 1 for processor, 2 for PSU

Drives: NEC 8X Beige Dual Layer DVD+/-RW Drive, Model ND-2510A, OEM
BULK $62
Artec Black 52x32x52 CD-RW Drive, Model WSM-52Z-B, OEM $29
-
Monitor: ORION 19DFLB 19" Flat CRT Monitor Black Retail $156

Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech Cordless MX Duo USB/ PS/2 104keys $70

Mousepad: Func Surface 1030 Balck Base Mousepad, Medel SU-BK-BK –RETAIL $20

Total - $2,658.94

Thanks all.

I would personally go with a different GPU, speakers and PSU (especially).

The rest, however- looks okay.

You may also consider a DRD-ROM. Most games now days require them over CD-RW drives (copyright protection).

Also- youll need a floppy to install SATA drivers.

Yeah you could get the 6800 GT and overclock it to Ultra speeds rather easily if you get eVGA brand. Also yes I would agree that you get a different PSU. With all that hardware you're planning on running I'd suggest getting the Ultra 500w Power supply. It has very good rails on it and it has modular connections so that means less clutter. Another good PSU is the Thermaltake 560w it has a lower +12v rail at 22a compared to 30a but see my sig below and it runs my system fine and I overclock the hell out of my chip.

I would also suggest looking into getting the AV8-3rd Eye from ABit instead of just the AV8. This has 6 channel audio. Another good selection of motherboard is the MSI Neo2-Platinum. I just recently built a socket 939 system with that board and it's great. Has lots of OC'ing options if you want them or not. Has a nice and accureate temp reading program and has 7.1 Channel Audio. It also contains two onboard lan. One being a gigabit Lan. MSI Also comes with a D-link bracket which has 2 extra USB Ports and 4 leds line up in a square. These LED's help you to troubleshoot your machine if for some reason it doesn't boot up or you find something wrong with it. The two power connectors needed to go to the board are nicely placed on the ABit, up in the top left corner near the processor right near each other. Makes it easier for cable management. The MSI Has the two connectors seperated far across the board but of course this doesn't mean you can't still mange the cables. A lot of people say ABit AV8-3rd eye is the best no doubt, but I think the MSI is indeed a formitable match. I've personally used both abit and MSI and I think both are great.

I'd also suggest you look into Lian Li cases. The 64 system I built had this and it has a slideable motherboard try for easy removal...very nice. Plus the one you're buying comes with a PSU and you don't need that if you buy one of the suggested ones, but that might mean it won't come with as many fans as you had hoped, but Lian Li makes high quality aluminum cases so I'm sure you can find one to meet your needs. Maybe you should indeed look into atleast 6 channel audio speakers if you get Abit board and hell even 7.1 if you go with MSI.

You don't need to buy a soundcard since either of those motherboards have great onboard sound.

Look into getting a 74gb 10,000 RPM hard drive. Trust me they make a HUGE difference in loading times. In WinXP, just two swipes of the blue bar and windows is completely loaded, takes about 15 seconds. Very fast hard drive, so if you're gonna go sata might as well do that. Also shrapnill is right, you'll need a floppy drivers in order to install the drivers for the sata controllers.

You should look into getting the Thermalright SLK-948U as a heatsink for your computer and coupling that with a 92mm fan. A 92mm tornado if you want a high performance fan but I warn you it's extremely loud. Another good brand heatsink is one made by Swiftech that has a unique helicoid pin design instead of fins and has a finely polished base out of the factory. This however only supports an 80mm fan, there is also an 80mm tornado but those are still loud. Hope this info helps :p

Thanks a lot guys. I should have my money by next summer. Of course i will update my graphics and processor and mobo if needed. tell me any other suggestions since i updated it(just incase i missed something)
Motherboard: MSI "915P NEO2 PLATINUM 7028-020" 915P Chipset Motherboard For LGA 775 CPU -RETAIL $149 (update if needed)

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3800+, 512KB L2 Cache, 64-bit Processor, Socket 939 - Retail $630 (will update when I get money)

RAM: Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series,(Twin Pack) 184 Pin 2GB(1GB x 2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail $542

Graphics Card: eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-bit, Dual DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "256-A8-N345-AX" -RETAIL $619 (update when I get money)

Hard Drive: Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model WD740GD, OEM Drive Only $153

Sound –
Sound Card: On motherboard
Speaker: Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Surround Sound Speaker System -RETAIL
Headphones: KINYO KY-100 5.1 Channel Headphone $39.99

Case: ????? Look up when I get the money Range 70-200 (looking at the Thermaltake Black Xaser III Super Tower Chassis[$163])

Power Supply: Thermaltake Silvent PurePower 560W Power Supply for AMD and Intel ATX 12V, Model “W0023”-RETAIL $105

Heatsink/Fans: 5+ in case, 1 for processor, 2 for PSU

Drives: NEC 8X Beige Dual Layer DVD+/-RW Drive, Model ND-2510A, OEM
BULK $62
Artec Black 52x32x52 CD-RW Drive, Model WSM-52Z-B, OEM $29
-
Monitor: ORION 19DFLB 19" Flat CRT Monitor Black Retail $156

Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech Cordless MX Duo USB/ PS/2 104keys $70

Mousepad: Func Surface 1030 Balck Base Mousepad, Medel SU-BK-BK –RETAIL $20

Accessories : LOGISYS COLD CATHODE KIT 30CM, Model "CLK12RD" -RETAIL x2
LOGISYS COLD CATHODE KIT 30CM, Model "CLK12BL" -RETAIL x1
Total - $2812.94

thx for all your help and support

P.S. Tell me if i need to update anything else when i get the money. when i do ill ask Beedub. Thx again!

first off that mobo you have is for a new pentium 4(prescott core) lga 775 socket....the cpu you have is a amd skt939.let me know if you see anything wrong with the aformentioned.

you shouldn't get oem stuff because it won't come with the warrenties and cables and stuff.

remember that the 6800ultra takes up two slots(1 agp and 1 pci) and I would recommend going with a 6800gt cuz its 100$ less and can easily be overclocked to ultra speeds.

-corey

(awww, man, I loooove this new cable isp!!!) Anyways, the PSU you have (the Themaltake) is an extremely superb choice. I have the same one and I love it. It's even got a little pci slot and 5.25" fan controller. Very good.:D

If you buy an eVGA Ultra, I suggest finding a cheaper price(looks like NewEgg). Otherwise buy a 6800GT, like every said, it is overclockable to the same performance, because it has the same number of pipelines. Get the NV silencer 5, along with Arctic Silver 5, and you have it run pretty cool.

If you have the extra money, consider switching to a 4000+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom