ID3 tagger

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark33

In Runtime
Hi - sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum or has been covered in an earlier post:

I have a massive music collection, that has been ripped onto my HDD using a multitude of different formats; wma, mp3 etc. The thing is, when your collection is so large you tend to come up with duplicate tracks and albums stored in incorrect folders as they are not being grouped properly. I was wondering if there was some kind of free software that would help me sort all this out or do i have to go through each track, each album, each artist etc - to sort it all out. Ive heard of an ID3 tagger and was wondering if that might help. I use winamp, itunes, wmp and media monkey - im assuming neither of these programs would achieve the desired result.

Many thanks.

musicmatch had a great super tag feature. see if you can find it. they merged with yahoo now

I use a program called EasyTag which can set the tags on most formats (including mp3, ogg, FLAC, not sure about wma since it's proprietary). It can also identify albums from online databases in most cases, I use it to organize my FLAC library.

I use TagScanner; can do batch tag processing, and create tags based off of file names.

I use an autohotkey script called 'tag' (well, used to be autohotkey). I modified it quite a bit, before it was a little simple. Best thing about it is you can run commands from the command line. Awesome for integrating with other scripts :D

You separate the placeholders by the characters in the filename, like so:

2jawxtl.png

I use a program called EasyTag which can set the tags on most formats (including mp3, ogg, FLAC, not sure about wma since it's proprietary). It can also identify albums from online databases in most cases, I use it to organize my FLAC library.

I also use EasyTag very nice program.

I use an autohotkey script called 'tag' (well, used to be autohotkey). I modified it quite a bit, before it was a little simple. Best thing about it is you can run commands from the command line. Awesome for integrating with other scripts :D

A few years ago I wrote a small set of command line utilities which could read ID3 tags for various purposes. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom