Find me a nice case :), Updated w/ pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Find me a nice case :)

Full tower HAF 922 Blue:

11-119-213-TS

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Blue RC-932-KKN3-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Mid tower HAF 922 Blue:

11-119-224-TS

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 922 BLUE RC-922M-KWN2-GP Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Side window

Storm Sniper (mesh side instead of clear):

11-119-194-Z01

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper SGC-6000-KXN1-GP Black Steel, ABS Plastic, Mesh bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

APEVIA X-SUPRA G-Type:

11-144-220-S01

Newegg.com - APEVIA X-SUPRA G-Type X-SUPRAG-BK Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

11-144-218-S01

Newegg.com - APEVIA X-SUPRA G-Type X-SUPRAG-BL Black / Blue SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

XION Predator Gaming Series AXP:

11-208-036-Z01

Newegg.com - XION Predator Gaming Series AXP 970-001BK Mid Tower PC Case w/ Hot-Swap Enabled Front Loading Trays for SATA HDD

APEVIA X-DISCOVERY-BK:

11-144-170-S01

Newegg.com - APEVIA X-DISCOVERY-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

XCLIO A380BK:

11-103-010-TS

Newegg.com - XCLIO A380BK Fully Black SECC 1.0mm thickness ATX Full Tower Computer Case

NZXT Alpha Black:

11-146-041-S01

Newegg.com - NZXT Alpha Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Open Window

RAIDMAX Quantum ATX-798WB:

11-156-241-TS

Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Quantum ATX-798WB Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

It's called "going the extra mile"... and insomnia.

I guess another sticking point are having quiet fans. Right now my tower has 3 fans running and you cant even hear it. My wife has a HDD front fan that sounds like it's going to take off... The one case that MindoverMaster posted is pretty, but when I got to reading some reviews, they all say it has loud fans.

I'm picky, I like a quiet low humming PC :)

A few that Trotter posted were nice, but aside from the cosmetic, I'd take a quiet PC over a purely cosmetic one any day... although a combo of the two would be ideal.

Just thought I would add...
The Rosewill Challenger is nice, but its nice for the price.
It was a bit hard to work with for my GFs build. Side Panels required a surprising amount of force to take off and put on, Hard Drives were backwards, holes for fan intake or exhaust (is it called modder's mesh?) are very close together and limit air transfer quite a bit, screw-less Optical Drive mounts are a bit loose (however, your talking to someone who uses 8 screws for his optical drives), cable routing can be a bit difficult as the side panel is very close to the motherboard tray (actually near impossible behind the motherboard tray), and it the case is a bit flimsy.
Recommended for budgets, not for transportation or frequent upgrading.

Overall I like it, but only for the price, I would rather spend 20ish more and get something better in just about every aspect.

Just my two cents.

you must've gotten a defective case or something.

the side panels are quite easy to remove, don't know what you were doing wrong. the hdds don't go backwards lol, the hdd cage is oriented so that all your cables can be routed through the back. again, don't know if you were doing it wrong or something, but the screw-less design for the optical drives should be snug.

i will admit that there could be a bit more room behind the motherboard tray, but the side panel will go on even if you route a fat 24 pin cable through the back with a tiny bit of elbow grease. and i don't know if you're expecting to use the case as a jack stand or something, but it is quite a solid case.

i personally would have no problem recommending it.

Quiet case fans are overrated. There are many other fans you can buy aside from the fans that came with your case. Lower the RPM, less the sound. There are also many things, hardware and software, that can control fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom