i7 system with $750-800?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I think he/she meant was that running a hexacore is a higher end cpu compared to the suggested lower amount of RAM which honestly, OP is not the case. Mike was able to future proof your CPU for ya but I can see how you would come to that conclusion. Remember in hardware most expensive =/= best parts

I still say you are in the AMD range and if that is ok I will put another build together using AMD/ATI parts. I really just do not see how to put a good I7 build together for ya without cutting corners. Remember we want bang for buck the best build we can get together. With Mikes build the few things I think I would change are the board and the RAM. Let me know if you would like another AMD build.

PS heading to the gym so be back in like 2hrs

What I would really like to know is how one of these AMD's would stack up against a similar intel... In both rendering and gaming. I will be doing more rendering than gaming btw.

I would say the intel with hyperthreading is going to crush an AMD build ... but you would need to spend the $$ for it to happen. IMHO if this is something you can hold out on wait until November day after thanksgiving and buy it there should be huge sales going on at that point for both builds

Do they have really good deals on parts on black friday?
And by then, won't new components be out?

Remember what I said above most expensive =/= best parts, so yes its possible new tech will be out but it will cost more as well. For the CPU though you dont have to worry about new chip architecure (I know that is spelled wrong lol) until next year.

Yes usually on black friday retailers are trying to move as much product as possible. Again its only my suggestion but if you absolutely want that I7 build then someone can toss the build together (not me I am an amd guy and cant fit an I7 into a build mainly because I am not up to speed on their hardware). Then what you can do is go to newegg and price watch it until November. If you see something on sale between now and then get it. You can go piece by piece when building a cpu you dont really have to get everything at once.

Well with the video card I provided it should do very well but if your looking for max settings on high end gaming I recommend you look into ati hd 5900's series yes it will be 300.00 or more but if your willing to spend that much on a card, then your the man for doing what you need to.

As far as AMD goes for AMD tri-cores, quadcores and the hexacore I pointed out amd's new hexacore will do just about anything you asked it to.
Only diffference between it and a high end intel core i7 would be 10% difference drop in speed, look at it like this.
If you spend 200.00 bucks on that phenom ii x6 you will have nothing to fuss at for over a year.
Get a intel samething, but you spent nearly 500 more on their cpu and soon intel will be saying, sorry kids core i7 lineup is coming to a close soon or we're starting a new socket with newer cpu's, how would you feel then ?

Nobody is trying to make you feel bad or pick at you, we just want you to highly compare buying between intel and amd, ati and nvidia ? I don't care much for, if I can afford it and it does it job properly I don't give a care.

We're just trying to help, by the way amd has something better than the 1055T but the reason I gave you that cou because of your budget right now.

Yeah, my fanboy instincts have been with me while looking around at parts to buy. Although the 5770 is a good card, I really want the 460 1GB w/ Cyclone cooler.
Sorry for being such a pain in teh ***.

Looking at a comparison between i7's, the 860 beats it in a few things, but the 1055T is able to keep up. Does adobes CS4 and CS5 support 6 threads?
What about sony Vegas versions 7-9?

I think I'm really starting to change my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom