Is it possable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
For a GPU to blow a motherboard? I went down my sister's and got a 8600gt of her to see if it would work till i got mine, i put it in, turnt it on, took awhile for the pc to beep and then show something on the monitor.

I then had Evony and loaded wow up, after about 5 mins the pc crashed couldnt do anything, so i restarted, and now the pc doesnt beep once, and doesnt boot up, my mouse has no power and neaither does my keyboard

The fan on my cpu spins and allso the LAN connection flashes by the eathernet port

Any suggestions?

If your board was toasted, it wouldn't start up the fans.

That might be the PSU. What model and wattage is it?

(P.S. It is possible)

The computer has been fine, i only built it acouple of months ago, untill i put the graphics card in, the computer crashed i restarted it and now it wont boot up, ill take the mobo out and see if theres anything wrong with it.

That psu is just fine, especially for an 8600. The long time before the post beep, isnt unusual... new hardware being recognized.

Toss it back in your sisters and see if it boots. Its more pssible you crapped out your board in another way.... You have an onboard?

Im not at my sisters anymore, i have onboard graphics to.

*Edit*

When i plug my mouse into the USB port it doesnt work, but if i put it in halfway into the port it does work, have i naffed my motherboard up?

Just a shot in the dark but...
Did you ground yourself or do any other ESD procedures Prior to touching any computer components?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom