My Rig: Extensive advice or insite needed plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm up to the 2k grit, i can see my self, but in the light i see quite the many scratches. Now is the 2k grit supposed to buff out all the scratches?

Thanks guys!

I asked a bud of mine who does lapping and he said that there would still be scratches because its copper, but that when you hold it at an angle it will be like a mirror. Mine is like that, its just got the scratches when you hold it at a particular way. Now is that normal or did i press to hard on lower grits? (though i wasnt pressing at all since your not supposed too :p)

I'll post a pic when i get the chance to ;)

Being in the Navy we have brass and copper all over the ships. For one reason or another making it really shiney is an absolute win the war strategy with our officers (not really they just hate us doing nothing). We use never-dull for all the buffing and it hides the scratches really well and shines the heck out of it!

Being in the Navy we have brass and copper all over the ships. For one reason or another making it really shiney is an absolute win the war strategy with our officers (not really they just hate us doing nothing). We use never-dull for all the buffing and it hides the scratches really well and shines the heck out of it!

Would that be ok for use on a cpu? Like wouldnt it leave a residue that would interfere with the thermal compound?

I use a combination of 2k grit and water.

Are you kidding!? Maybe get the sandpaper wet first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom