cant get speakers to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the notification area of your taskbar, where it shows the program icons that are loaded. You should have a Audio Manager running, make sure it's set to Speaker Outputs and not a HDMI or Digital Device. If it's not loaded look in your Start Menu for the Audio Manager.

You have Via Sound where I have Realtek but it should be similar.

audioq.jpg

i cant click on " manage audio Devices " i click on it but nothing happens.. at this point im thinking about just doing a system restore. EVERYTIME windows updates something gets effed up

cantclick.jpg

Well don't give up so easily try again one last time and download the hd audio drivers from VIA and try again.
via hd audio driver windows 7 - Google Search

If that doesn't try I'll take the blame for not getting you back online with your sound.
If all else fails, then yeah get your windows 7 dvd and go back to square one again, this time get the drivers ready for when windows 7 is done installing.

To be perfectly honest I don't know what kind of mobo via sound cards you have, but if I had to be specific right now try the latest one as posted here.
Sorry this isn't being corrected quickly enough as it should be but we'll figure it out.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
VIA HD Audio Driver Dated: 16-Sep-2010

Download version 8700A
OS supported Windows XP, Windows XP 64-Bit, Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows Vista 32-Bit, Windows Vista 64-Bit, Windows 7 32-Bit, Windows 7 64-Bit
Chips supported VIA HD Audio Codecs VT1702S, VT1705, VT1708B, VT1708S, VT1716S, VT1718S, VIA HD Audio Codecs VT2010, VT2002P, VT2020S, VIA HD Audio Codecs VT1812S, VT1818, VT1828S
Notes The audio drivers provided on this website are general sound effect drivers with common functions. System manufacturers and motherboard vendors customize audio hardware and software and therefore, to ensure optimal sound quality and compatibility, we strongly recommend you to obtain the system-validated and certified audio drivers directly from your system manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer. If you use audio drivers provided on this website and you experience a difficulty, we recommend that you uninstall them and instead use the latest drivers supplied by your motherboard or system manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom