hello PC problem here: blue lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan.p

Beta member
Hi everyone, im having a pc problem here... it happened when i was gaming (nba 2k10) and bam the comp just died. When I started it up again, I got this problem: YouTube - My friend's PC get screwed (BIOS Problem or CPU). This whole thing happened 4-5 months ago. I've been busy with school and work and ive been using another laptop so i never really bothered to repair it.

I'm running it in safe mode at the moment. I dont know what the exact problem is. The problem seemed to fix itself 4 days ago when i installed a realtek audio driver. But i stressed the graphics card again (i think) by trying to play portal. So now its back to what you see in the video.

Video card: nvidia geforce 9800gt
mobo: nvidia nforce 750a sli
cpu: AMD 9950 quad core
ram: 2 x 2GB sticks
power supply is 600w so i dont think its a power problem
(if you need anymore specs let me know thanks)

I've been told by friends that its the mobos fault and its something to do with the bios. When i start the computer up, there are those wierd 0's as shown in the video above. Then as windows loads, there are 5 sets of blue stripes (each stripe has about a mm of space and each set there is about 5-8cm of space). After loading windows the moniter display pitch black, leading me to believe its a problem with the gpu. When i load the computer in safe mode, the blue sets of stripes are still there. I really hope this problem can be fixed, I am going to try the video card on a friends rig and see what happens, but any suggestions or any advice would help.

Also sorry about the way i typed this, I am in a rush to go to bed and i just wanted to see if there would be any responses by the time i wake up

thank you everyone, goodnight

I think your graphic card is toasted. Let's make sure there is nothing else wrong.

Try resetting BIOS, first of all.

go into your computer case and take out the watch battery on your motherboard out for a few minutes. Put it back in and turn on your computer. Some advise to disconnect your power cord from your computer while taking the battery out.

**** i tried that... it seemed fixed up for a while and then suddenly the moniter did not display anything. therefore i think its a video card problem. ill try it on my friends rig

BE sure to uninstall any of his video card's drivers using DriverSweeper. Or you will run into problems. Unless he has only onboard video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom