PC booting up but there's nothing on monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

butcherblues

Beta member
Came home from school and my prebuilt pc which has caused no issues in the past didnt boot up properly.

There's no beeps , no POST. Just a "no signal" on the monitor.

The graphics card is showing 3 LED lights (ATI hd4870) The leds that are lighting are D1601, D1602 and D1603 which which i found out is a PSU problem.

And my PSU isint at 100% either, it looks a bit slow. It is a Cosair HX620 psu so it should be enough.

There was no problems up till now and i don't know what else to do.
I resetted the CMOS.
Unplugged each component and tried each one at a time.
Switched the ram around to different slots.

Please and thank you. If it's a faulty psu i might just send it back (5 year guarantee).

Welcome to TF! please wait 24 hours to bump a thread. Read the rules ;)

Your PSU most likely has kicked the bucket. Try another one if you have one laying around.

Take your motherboard setup out of the case and try it in a buddy's case if it comes on you will know it's the psu.
If not have your friend help you out and give em the last of 30.00 bucks out of your wallet for being a friend and trying to help you.

MikeFuryXP said:
Take your motherboard setup out of the case and try it in a buddy's case if it comes on you will know it's the psu.
If not have your friend help you out and give em the last of 30.00 bucks out of your wallet for being a friend and trying to help you.

Woa let's not get TOO drastic x) Thanks, I'm just gonna order a new PSU or send the one I have back (5 year guarantee and that).

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom