windows default programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
Where do you find the setting to change what windows uses for default programs, like wmp, outlook, and other thing? I have been searching and I cant remember where they are.

Thanks.

you can set outlook as default in internet settings, for winamp go to options/preferences and select asociated filetypes

always try the programs settings first, if there's not a settings....go to folder options and select the filetype you want to configure (eg .jpg) Select its properties and choose your photoprogram (paint or whatever) you want to open the file with.

Right-click on one of the files in question. Go to Open-With. When Windows opens the list of programs available, pick the one you want to open the files. There should be a checkbox somewhere that says something like "Always use selected program when opening files of this type." Check that.

You're done.

:mad: RTFM :mad:

i want to change it so that outlook is not the default mail client. I would like to use hotmail instead, so when something needs to send an email, hotmail is opened.

i don't think you can do it

hotmail is a email service

outlook retrieves and send email from your email service

you can set outlook up to get your email

me i prefer to use incredimail to get my email for msn, as I hate outlook

Since Hotmail is a website, it cannot be setup as a default program on your computer.

You can, however, use Outlook to manage your Hotmail account. There is information about how to setup your Hotmail account in Outlook on the Hotmail website. There is also a pre-built control for setting up Hotmail accounts within Outlook.

If you do that, you can set your Hotmail account to be the default address that Outlook will use when you're doing emails. To do that, go to Tools->E-Mail Accounts...select the account and choose "Set as Default."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom