POP!! ARRRRRGGGG!!!! - Gaming rig dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the sleeving really, If nothing else, I can put some heat shrink on it. SPEAKING of which, man.... I went to Lowe's on my lunch break to return some RG-59 F connectors, and decieded to get some heat shrink, among other various things for the house. I just realised looking at my reciept that I paid $1.98 a bag for 5 bags of heat shrink tubing. Each back has 8 pieces 4" long.... I think I got hosed.

As far as that PSU, unless the picture is of a different model, all of the cables are removable. That is the same as the ST70F that is being replaced.

Good to see you around Ethreal, shame it's for something like this though.

Haha, Never heard of that one before! I'd RMA the PSU, maybe shake it about a bit to get the screw out, Get a replacement and buy yourself a new one then keep it as a spare. :).

I once dropped a screw into a brand new Tagan while I was trying to fit it into the case (it had a rear fan).

You know what it's like when you drop a screw, one minute it's there, the next it's not and you're never quite sure where it's gone. I spent probably a solid hour looking for this screw both in and out of the PSU not wanting to open the PSU or switch it on so as to avoid this exact situation. Long story short I found it just before I was about to give up looking, it was stuck in pretty throughly but a bit of persuasion managed to get it free.

Years ago during my rookie phase I was exploring the world of water cooling. I submerged the radiator in a cooler full of ice and water and declared myself the King :thumbsup: It only took a couple of minutes before the condensation coming off my ATI 9800XT hoses started dripping into the power supply, the colors were really pretty :thumbsup:

Years ago during my rookie phase I was exploring the world of water cooling. I submerged the radiator in a cooler full of ice and water and declared myself the King :thumbsup: It only took a couple of minutes before the condensation coming off my ATI 9800XT hoses started dripping into the power supply, the colors were really pretty :thumbsup:

Here I thought I was crazy, slay did you hear that joker spark or pop or anything lol ?
The only loud bang or pop I have heard was when my cockerspaniel knocked over a cup of water into my old slot 1 750mhz mobo while running.
It stayed off for over a week until I plugged it in again, 2 months later it gave in and kick the bucket... :)

Here I thought I was crazy, slay did you hear that joker spark or pop or anything lol ?
The only loud bang or pop I have heard was when my cockerspaniel knocked over a cup of water into my old slot 1 750mhz mobo while running.
It stayed off for over a week until I plugged it in again, 2 months later it gave in and kick the bucket... :)

It started out as more of a sizzle. I think the water was dripping on the heatsink in the PS to start with so the water was cooking and I didn't realize what was happening. It did start popping moments later and it died with bright flash.

Never had a flash, but one of my old power supplies that failed, some how the +5 wire shorted to the case, there was so much current flow going through the wire, that it MELTED all the insulation, and melted adjacent wires, it was NOT a pretty sigh to see that much smoke, the PSU finally kicked off, I took it apart, replaced the wiring, and she chugged along for a few more weeks till she caved in.

BTW, this, is the ONLY raidmax PSU that I have had that has failed it seems -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom