Thinking of buying this HP, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice build Gordylll, you are getting better mate :D

my name is " Sean " not " Shawn " ;)

and as far as water cooling goes.. lets take it one step at a time first, build the computer and see what you can do with it, if you arent happy we can help you do water cooling... my water loop has costed about $300 so far... :dead:

and as far as water cooling goes.. lets take it one step at a time first, build the computer and see what you can do with it, if you arent happy we can help you do water cooling... my water loop has costed about $300 so far... :dead:

Sorry about the mention of water cooling. In Gordylll's initial build, there was a cooler and when I breifly went over the description, it said something about fluid in those tubes so I figured it was water cooled... but it seems like it was just air. Sorry for the confusion.

Nice list, Gordyll. Let me refine it a little.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Same CPU and graphics card, just in a combo.
Combo Price: $387.98 w/$15 MIR

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD7501AALS 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Same money, more storage, faster performance, five year warranty.

Nice find! Thanks again guys (and gals) for your help, I appreciate it! I have learned quite a bit already just from the little tidbits from this thread... I will try and research more just so I know some basics to make me a more informed buyer/builder :)

...although the monitor is huge I have no idea refresh rates or anything on it.

Though it looks like a moot(sp?) point anyways, but here is the info on the monitor: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6411258&CatId=3774

Check these.

Buy.com - ASUS MT276HE LCD Monitor - 27"
$297.99 w/$30 MIR

PLANAR Planar PX2710MW 27-inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor : Parts & Upgrades | Dell
$279.99 shipped when applying coupon code "1Q3Z3L79?RQ1BJ" during checkout (expires soon)

Thanks for the info, but those monitors would put me too over budget. I was just showing him that for informational purposes since he inquired about it.

On another note, I talked to a buddy of mine that is pretty good with computers (but has never built one before) and he was asking me if this was a "kit" and if it included all the necessary wiring to get everything hooked up. I told him was not a kit but I wasn't sure if it had all the wiring.

I know with car audio you have amp kits which includes all the wires and connectors and in-line fuse holders needed to hookup an amp, is there something like with with computers or does the item normally come with the wiring to hook it up. For ex. would the HD come with the connection cable to hook it up to the MB (if thats where it goes) or would the MB come with the connector for the HD, or would I have to buy it seperate?

Thanks again in advance, y'all have been a great help, hopefully soon I can ask for help on the actual build process! :)

Thanks for the info, but those monitors would put me too over budget. I was just showing him that for informational purposes since he inquired about it.

On another note, I talked to a buddy of mine that is pretty good with computers (but has never built one before) and he was asking me if this was a "kit" and if it included all the necessary wiring to get everything hooked up. I told him was not a kit but I wasn't sure if it had all the wiring.

I know with car audio you have amp kits which includes all the wires and connectors and in-line fuse holders needed to hookup an amp, is there something like with with computers or does the item normally come with the wiring to hook it up. For ex. would the HD come with the connection cable to hook it up to the MB (if thats where it goes) or would the MB come with the connector for the HD, or would I have to buy it seperate?

Thanks again in advance, y'all have been a great help, hopefully soon I can ask for help on the actual build process! :)

Everything you need to get it running would be included. I wouldn't suggest buying open box items as those are the only thing not guranteed to have everything. You will need to get something like Artic 5 but other then that you will be fine

Gordyll said:
You will need to get something like Artic 5 but other then that you will be fine

Get MX-2 instead. AS 5 is good, but there are much better out there now.

You will need to get something like Artic 5 but other then that you will be fine

Get MX-2 instead. AS 5 is good, but there are much better out there now.

Newegg.com - XIGMATEK PTI-G3606 thermal grease is actually included with the above product, so would I still need the Artic 5 or the MX-2?

And thats good to know all the install stuff I will need will be included, such as screws, harneses, connectors, wires, etc.!

EDIT: What is everyone's opinions on UPS's. We have a few cheap (~$60) ones at the office and it seems like they are pretty hit and miss, but with my old computer messing up because of a lightning strike (and I happen to live in the lightning capital of the world lol) should I invest (outside my budget) in a UPS or stick with a surge protector? If I should go UPS, what should I look for: Price, Brand, Watts, VA's, etc.?

I found this and it looks fairly decent, but not sure if its overkill, or if I can find something cheaper or what.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842102070

For home PC unless you have a server running and would like to have the additional 20 minutes to disconnect users and properly shut down I dont see the point. Now surge protector yes you should most for sure get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom