Time to build a new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tossing ideas. I already have a 2nd comp the old one would just replace that one. I also don't think I'd be spending any more since I won't need a vid card.

I am running the M4A785TD-V Evo myself. I am liking it pretty good so far. ;)

I was liking the M4A785TD-V until I read probably 15 reviews. Seems a lot of guys are having trouble with it. How do you like the OB graphics can you get 1080 in HD? Neweggs deal is $140 with 4GB mushkin RAM. I guess I'm going to pay more for a CPU though, right?

I found these used. What would you pay for them? Intel not AMD.

EVGA nForce 680i SLI Socket 775 Motherboard

Intel Core2 Duo E6400 2.13Ghz Socket 775 - From what I hear this is a good OC CPU.

XFX GeForce 7950GT 570M 512MB DDR3 Video Card SLI Ready

It depends, You could get them yes, but they're old now, Wouldn't be very futureproof.. E.G That card is ancient, not even sure how it performs, the CD2's are good CPU's and overclockers, but the 775 socket is old now.

I was liking the M4A785TD-V until I read probably 15 reviews. Seems a lot of guys are having trouble with it. How do you like the OB graphics can you get 1080 in HD? Neweggs deal is $140 with 4GB mushkin RAM. I guess I'm going to pay more for a CPU though, right?

I found these used. What would you pay for them? Intel not AMD.

EVGA nForce 680i SLI Socket 775 Motherboard

Intel Core2 Duo E6400 2.13Ghz Socket 775 - From what I hear this is a good OC CPU.

XFX GeForce 7950GT 570M 512MB DDR3 Video Card SLI Ready

I have never used the onboard, so I can't give you a yay or nay on that one. If you plan on using a graphics card it won't matter anyway. $140 is pretty good for that combo.

iPRO is right about those parts. The C2D and board would be a possibility, but that card is way old. I wouldn't bother with the board unless it was capable of running quads, though.

Here's what it says on Newegg about this 775 MB. So I guess it works with Quads.

CPU Type
Core 2 Quad / Core 2 Extreme / Core 2 Duo
I can get the MB for $40 the CPU for $50 and card if I want it for $140 but I guess thats way too much for card?

Yeh, card is old but not as old as my AGP TI200, right?

I recommend two internal harddisks :
1. One harddisk of 80gb for your OS and all softwares, but without any data.
2. One harddisk of any size for your data only.
This is a modern security recommendation.
One harddisk for system and data is old-fashioned, you don't store your precious DATA on the most attacked partition (C) in the world by malware(-writers), certainly not under Windows.

An alternative solution is creating two partitions on one harddisk. In case of a disk-crash you will lose both partitions, so it's less safe.

Don't forget an external harddisk to backup your system and data.

$140 for that card is way, way too much. here's three cards that are listed from weakest to best (for these three) that would all romp that card like it was nothing.

Newegg.com - XFX HD-467X-ZDF2 Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
$70 w/$10 MIR

Newegg.com - XFX HD-567X-YNFC Radeon HD 5670 (Redwood) 512MB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ATI Eyefinity
$90

Newegg.com - VisionTek 900329 Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
$98

All have lifetime warranties, as well.

Yes, that mobo can handle quads, but not Yorkfield or Wolfdale cores.

Which is the best $45 or less vid card for HD graphics not really playing games on it. PCI-Exp 2.0 X 16. for this MB. Also got 1GB Super Talent PC-5300 RAM don't know mhz. Would like 1 stick 2GB to compliment this RAM for good price. What would you suggest. Yep, Trotter I got the deal for $45 MB, CPU, n RAM. CPU is AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Dual-Core 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 65 nm Socket AM2.

Newegg.com - ECS NFORCE9M-A(1.0) AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8100 ATX AMD Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom