external harddrive file issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealthfast

Solid State Member
i have a lacie 750gb hard drive. now my problem would be as i found out windows bloody well updated and put 2 files on the drive and locked me out. i cannot delete or modify them in anyway. ones a malware tool and the others net framework or whatever it is. point being im up for ideas on how to get rid of the files without formatting my drives pretty well full with no where to put the files.

yes i have full control but for some reason i cannot change controls on the file to allow myself access. and no the file is not hurting me as far as im aware. but its one of those i want it gone lol. its become a nemesis of mine lol. i cant make it go away lol. i think it may have been from my computer before this one. it had a little short out and was fried so i rebuilt and now i have no control over that file.

Well there may be one of doing it but it's a long shot, ok.
Have you told windows 7 to allow you to take full ownership of the external drive ?
Windows 7 can sometimes be a little bit dominating of whatever hardware you install in it and take its for it's own security measures.
However as long as your the owner over windows, admin and have password access to the full system it will let you in eventually when working on owner ship options.
Just last night my mums pc windows 7 denied me access to my windows 7 hard drive, I did what I stated above and some hdd death threats and let me in most all of the folders however it refused to let me look in the system folders for something important...

well i changed the own over to both profiles my user and my administrator which i control both personally. no dice :( i guess i cant take control from the older user on the computer that got fried. i was planning on buying a bigger external anyways almost used up the entire drive lol. so when i do ill just transfer my files and wipe it clean thanks guys. unless you have another suggestion.

i got it...i created a second admin profile. and from there i was able to add myself in as owner and was finally able to change all controls to me and delete the file thanks guys you helped steer me in the right path :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom