Blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, the bad checksum, if it's during install, can also mean the install data is corrupt, I get that once in awhile with really old cds.

But the issue is, your doing steps with out following previous advice from earlier, if you feel the need to keep poking around with guidance, go ahead, it will just cause headaches.

You said you obtained the dump files, can you upload them so we can take a look at them?

This is what the BSOD showed me .. when i installed windows7 ,

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

*** STOP: 0x0000006B ( 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

then i decided to try with a different OS xp pr and i got this.

c00000221 { bad image checksum}

now both of this never got to the desktop , after the installation reboots the laptop to continue installing the os the BSOD ALWAYS APPEARS...

Bug Check 0x6B: PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Important Information If You Have Received a STOP Code

If you have received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error. If your copy of Windows came with your computer, call the manufacturer of your computer. If you purchased Windows separately from your computer, Microsoft provides support. To find contact information for Microsoft or your computer manufacturer, Contact Support.
If you have experience with computers and want to try to recover from this error, follow the steps provided in the Microsoft article Resolving STOP (Blue Screen) Errors in Windows.
The following actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:
  1. Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
  2. Scan your computer for computer viruses.
  3. Check your hard disk for errors.
Cause

Any part of the disk subsystem can cause the PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED bug check, including bad disks, bad or incorrect cables, mixing different ATA-type devices on the same chain, or drives that are not available because of hardware regeneration.
This bug check can also be caused by a missing file from the boot partition or by a driver file that a user accidentally disabled in the Drivers tab.

I would call bad hard drive on this. No way you can have XP, Vista and Win7 all BSoD and not have a hardware issue underlying.

I vote going with the diagnostics software that the manufacture of your drive makes. The software is usually free, 90% of the time, they give you an ISO that you burn to disc, and boot from that CD, you can then perform diagnostics.

Just figured out the manufacture of the drive and check there site out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom